A question about multiclassing Sorcerers

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by darkjurai, Jul 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. darkjurai

darkjurai Member

Hey, I just have a question, I'm really not sure if this has been asked before, but anyway...

If I multiclass a Wizard 1/Sorcerer X, does that essentially give me a sorcerer that can scribe scrolls to use as a sorcerer, even into his higher levels? And if so, what other benefits would it give that I have not forseen? Sorry, I've been playing D&D for years and for some reason never really got the hang of multiclassing.

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

That will work, but you're better off taking a Human Sorcerer, and then taking Scribe Scrolls as one of his two level one feats.

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Yeah, you'll lose out on a level's worth of spell learning and spells per day. The first for a sorc is pretty important. Just use a feat to get scribe scroll.

4. Steyr

Steyr Member

Also, a Wizard knows a wider selection of spells than a Sorcerer (but the Sorcerer can cast more spells per day), so scribe scroll is less useful for a Sorcerer than it is for a Wizard - you can only scribe scrolls that you already know the spell for. It will still be quite useful for stockpiling an arsenal of magic missiles and fireballs though.

If you can handle the XP hit and cost of scribing, a Wizard with a portable library of scribed scrolls is potentially more effective and magically versatile than a Sorcerer.

Our Host!