Removing NPC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by AztecAlum, Jul 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. AztecAlum

AztecAlum Member

In the great battle with Hedrick / Iuz my NPC Rufus was killed, then resurrected (by Cuthbert) and now he is not visible on my screen. If I click on his portrait, his circle activate, and you can move "him" but cannot talk to him (and thus cannot remove him). He cannot be attacked nor can he participate in a battle. He does loot and you can move items in and out of his inventory. I'm sure this is a bug, but not sure how to fix this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated as I could use another fighter as I take on the Elemental Nodes.

Aloha,
    Kamal

2. stormbard

stormbard Member

The same thing just happened to me with Zaxis. Sorry, no idea of a fix, just seconding the need for suggestions on repairing/removing.

3. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

4. AztecAlum

AztecAlum Member

How do I open the console?

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Hold shift and press ~. (You may have to hold them for a sec.)

There are many useful commands you can enter here. Search around.

My personal favorites are:

game.party[0].money_adj(Y)
    game.party[X].award_experience(Y)
    game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_hp_max,Y)

Here, X = number of your party member -1 (0 for your first guy, 1 for your second, etc.). Replace Y with a number. For money, it equals the copper-piece value of the money you want to get (so to get 1 platinum, you would make Y = 1000). For the hp, it's the max hp you want BEFORE adding for con and such.

Replace hp_max with everything from strength, dexterity, etc. to adjust stats or even experience, to just set xp to whatever you want.

Useful.

6. AztecAlum

AztecAlum Member

I held down shift and the ~ but nothing happened. I have patch 1 / 2 and Livonya's Mod installed. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help,
    Kamal

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Well that's weird. You do need patch 2, I think, but if you have it, the console should be there. Are you sure the patch got applied correctly?
    Did you try pressing shift-~ multiple times. I know it's a stupid questions, but sometimes it just takes several attempts.
    Other than that, if you have a standard keyboard, I can't imagine what might be the hangup. I don't think anything in Liv's mod should affect the console coming up.
    Sorry, but apart from trying again (let go of ~ before shift, let go of shift before ~, etc.), I'm stumped.

8. stormbard

stormbard Member

Cheers Drifrter, I killed off Zaxis and made a new guy. Pity though, I was getting attached to him by that stage, and it felt like he really had a reason to kill all those evil dudes - sweet revenge (I mean Justice!)

Our Host!