Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

If you manage to roll 18 for intelligence a human or grey elf can enter the class as Rog1/Wiz4 so you get early entry to arcane trickster dropping only 1 level of wizard casting.

The unseen seer gets advanced learning intermittently which allows character to add 1 divination spell from any class to spells known at the same level. Have a look at the ranger spell Hunter's Eye and consider how in pnp D&D this can be combined with the Persistent Spell feat and other feats from the various splatbooks which reduce the +6 levels offset normally required by Persistent Spell.

No you cast ranged touch spells like Melf's Acid Arrow against opponents in 30' vulnerable to sneak attack.

2. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

3. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Interesting... I didn't realize how well that spell worked with the unseen seer. I will put that as a priority for the next version.

Pygmy likes this.
  4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I'd also like the wraithstrike spell added if it isn't already in. Not Divination, but useful for gishes, especially Extended or Persisted.

Critical strike is Divination and handy for Unseen Seers.

Pathfinder 1 has sense vitals, a Divination made for Unseen Seers & Arcane Tricksters.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm confused, Endarire - either you are seeing it in your spell list or you aren't, which is it?

6. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Yeah I believe wraithstrike is in there.

I haven't used it yet but seems good for an assassin type character. Touch attacks go against flat footed ac right?

7. Windscion

Windscion Member

Touch attacks ignore armor. Flatfooted is yet another category, denying dex modifiers.

8. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Oh! Hmm i think i will have to give that a go soon!

9. Endarire

Apologies. I wasn't sure if wraithstrike was already in. Since it's in, that's even better! Alleluia!

10. _doug_

I am once again looking for some help beta testing the next version of temple+. Get the zip file from the link below and run
    the temple plus executable after extracting the zip file. Let me know how it goes!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ssno...eta1.zip?rlkey=ltgps1htx3rxtd57tuq9kqrli&dl=0

Lots of stuff from Sagenlicht's beta in here. I suggest a test party containing: warmage, unseen seer and a shield bashing fighter (thanks dolio)!

Changes:

* Skill point penalties were off at level 1. Odd numbers were rounding toward zero instead of down (dolio).
    * Disarm, trip and unarmed strikes now only provoke AoOs from the target, not everyone who threatens (dolio).
    * Made finger of death damage negative energy type. Unspecified seems to get cancelled by all damage reduction (dolio).
    * Remove +4 ranged attack bonus against helpless targets(Atari bug 30). (dolio)
    * Fixed failing to copy one scroll letting you retry others(Atari bug 124). (dolio)
    * Treat sleeping/held (helpless) critters as having 0 dex, held as 0 str. Unconscious already did this, but it was missing from these others (Atari bug 31). (dolio)
    * Made coup de grace actually give a saving throw. Previously it was just automatically killing the target as long as you did more than 0 damage. (dolio)
    * Make troll (and other?) rend attacks 2d6 + 1½ str instead of fixed 2d6+9. +9 is just the pre-calculated value for the typical troll stat block. (dolio)
    * Hide 'Held' effect indicator when character also has freedom of movement. The other tooltip already did this. (dolio)
    * Don't do begin-round break free from hold effects when character has freedom of movement; if you succeed, it wastes your turn. Atari bug 119. (dolio)
    * Remove +4 bonus to avoid being tripped from Improved Trip. Atari bug 34 (dolio)
    * Enable sneak attack on Color Spray stun. Atari bug 42. (Stunning fist seems okay already) Also made the blind effect remove your action, because you're supposed to be stunned as well (there are up to three individual conditions applied in sequence for the effects, rather than up to three simultaneous conditions). (dolio)
    * Tweaked the copy scroll action check function to enable a better float message if you are being blocked by a previous failure-to-copy. (dolio)
    * Fix double stacking some NPC save bonus (dolio)
    * Fixed the way enhancement bonuses to armor and shields work, to prevent stacking and erroneous information in the UI. (dolio)
    * Fixed fast healing. (dolio)
    * Unseen seer has now known spells removed from advanced learning options
    * Improved hydras to have more paper and pencil correct mechanics (does not effect the hydra in the tmple) (dolio)
    * Shield bashing and enhanced options related to two weapon fighting (dolio):
    * There is a toggle radial for controlling whether you actually use two weapon fighting. This lets you do the following:
    * Turn off two weapon fighting even while holding two weapons, to avoid taking the two weapon penalties
    * Turn on two weapon fighting when wielding an appropriate shield to use shield bashing as a second weapon
    * Turn on two weapon fighting while holding a double weapon​
    * There is a toggle radial for swapping which hand is your primary weapon. This lets you do the following:
    * Attack with just your left hand if two weapon fighting is off, so you can fight with just your left hand without a penalty
    * Shield bash as your primary attack
    * Use the opposite end of your double weapon as a primary attack (only affects animation at the moment)​
    * New Spells: Mass fire shield, Prismatic Ray, Hunter's Eye, Sure Strike, Tactical Precision, Accuracy. Hail of Stone, Lesser Orb of Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire/Sound, Blades of Fire, Fireburst, Greater Fireburst, Blast of Flame, Orb of Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire/Sound
    * New Feats: Improved Shield Bash, Active Shield Defense, Shield Charge, Shield Specialization, Shield Ward, Agile Shield Fighter
    * Added bashing enhancement for shields
    * Added Electic Learning PHB2 options for the warmage (more advanced learning spells will now be available)
    * Select some weapon animations based on how you're wielding them at the moment (dolio):
    * Double weapons use the staff animation while you're two weapon fighting.
    * When you're two handing them, double weapons use hammer or axe animations.​
    * Additions to the stricter rules option (dolio):
    * Dwarves were getting waraxe proficiency for free, when they're only supposed to treat 1-handed wielding as martial
    * Gnomes were getting hooked hammer proficiency for free, when they're supposed to treat it as a martial weapon
    * Half-orcs were getting orc double axe proficiency, but the books don't say that. Orcs weren't getting to treat them as martial weapons.
    * Dismissing a spell is a standard action
    * Require 100GP/spell level for copying scrolls​
    * Added Animation for dismissing a spell (dolio).
    * Note for modders: Bumped Maximum conditions from 1000 to 2047

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Please make this a stricter rules option, as I imagine it will make killing trolls quite a bit nore annoying.

Great work ticking off those atari bugs!

12. Endarire

13. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Part of the file 1183-Hail of Stone.txt is missing so it cannot be selected as a 1st level Sorcerer/Wizard spell of the Conjuration school as it should according to the Spell Compendium

_doug_ likes this.
  14. _doug_

Good find! Thank you.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Our Host!