Possible crafting Holy Weapons without a Good Cleric?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zertzax, Sep 1, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. zertzax

zertzax Member

I am pretty sure the answer is no, but if you do not have a Cleric with the Good Domain, is it possible to craft a Holy Weapon.

I was thinking of playing a Favored Soul and no cleric if/when I play the game next, and wondered about this.

I know if not it is possible to create a temp cleric to do the crafting if needed.

Thanks again ahead of time for reading and replying.

2. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

Add the spell: holy smite to one of your characters through Temple+ console.

zertzax likes this.
  3. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Or...

you have played the game enough to know what the existing holy weapons are. Use a longsword god for max. benefits as these are plentiful. But otherwise all except maybe the Hammer? (too many enchants - can't remember if room) can be upgraded.

zertzax likes this.
  4. zertzax

zertzax Member

Thanks Guys. I did not know that Temple+ allowed the addition of Holy Smite but I am aware of the different locations and merchants you can get Holy Weapons. Appreciate the quick answers and suggestions.

5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Temple+ also has a house rule that allows crafting items without the requirements. That may work.

zertzax likes this.
  6. zertzax

zertzax Member

Very cool. I am hoping to get a computer in the next few weeks and I am looking forward to given temple+ a try and playing the game again. I appreciate all the hard work that the modders and creators of the new content have done to keeping things fresh and alive.

I will join many who wish the game had been more successful that more games had been made with this engine.

7. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Sometimes when I play, I find that a character with the requisite abilities for crafting items moves into the first floor of the Inn in Hommlet.
    Click on the book on the bar in the Inn, roll up a new character (Cleric/ Wizard/ whatever). Use the console to give them about 60,000XP. Level them up to around 9th level, giving them the necessary crafting feats. Have them create/ enchant the items you want, and pass on to your PCs. When done, speak to Gundigoot about leaving a companion at the Inn, nominate your new crafter 'NPC', and drop them off upstairs. They will then remain at the Inn, waiting to be rerecruited next time you want them to craft for you. Obviously this is a cheat, since the XP you are expending to craft isn't earned, but it's fairly minor and you can offset: want your rogue to use a holy composite shortbow, rather than a holy spiked chain, or you'd rather a heavy flail with all the trimmings than Scather? Brother Craftmaster will do you a swap.

OLLY613 and zertzax like this.
  8. zertzax

zertzax Member

Nice helpful suggestion Nightcanon. Folks can use as they wish.

Our Host!