Adding to the Spellbook Pt II

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kuraylon, Jun 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

we are working as a team orion. just trying to straighten out the names of those on the roster. And please let me point out that I meant to achieve nothing more than to point out the error. I saw a funny and was trying to point it out as delicately as possible. I understand how confusing and chaotic these forums can be and that it is not always easy to keep all the names straight off the cuff, as it were. Especially considering that Kuraylon actually started this thread and I am just a Darmy come lately who might rightfully be accused of highjacking it. No harm was intended by, and no animals were harmed during, the execution of my previous post. Perhaps I should consider the actual execution of my previous post, in light of recent comments. But I will let it stand and trust that it will be understood in the spirit in which it was instantiated.

Darmagon

2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

I'm glad to know that no animals were harmed! And I hope it still will in the future..... or else! :D :wyatt:

3. darmagon

you can bet your ass (especially if she is a nice, even tempered sorrel mare, forgiving and forthright.)

Darmagon

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Maybe*, but I was thinking that the shooter might not be the perfect shot, and armour may have some effect, eg masterwork flackjacket, and having 5 shots is very important, but I you got any sugestions I'm happy to hear them, for a new improved gun.

*explain slowly and carefully as I'm not 100% sure as how I got it to work in the first place.

5. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

A gun??? :yikes:
    Hmm..... i never liked those kind of additions into a fantasy RPG..... we'll see.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Its just a bit of fun, tryin to make my game abit more Steven Kingish.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, hate to talk over the top of Allyx like this but I have to mod his sounds for 'disintegrate' because it will disable the sounds I added to 'scorching ray', unless you are using mine (i don't think anyone else is ;)) or have renamed some as 'sp_scorching_ray_hit' etc as Allyx himself did. If you are using the more popular form - which simply adopts the sounds of 'searing light' - then snd_spell.mes will go looking for some sound files that aren't there.

So here is a new snd_spell.mes that includes the 'searing light' sounds for 'scorching ray' and Allyx's 'arcane lock' sounds for 'disintegrate'. You don't need the sounds themselves, btw, they are in the game, so this stands alone. Just point this at 'Program files/ToEE/data' and unzip.

I have tested this but feedback would be appreciated.

For people making new spells, snd_spell.mes is a good place to quickly look for spells like 'disintegrate' that have been included but not implemented, if u take my meaning. Just open it in notepad (wordpad for 98) and run down to spellls without sounds, they are in the list but not implemented. Then get hacking :)

Attached Files:

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I don't know why I didn't think of doing that myself - D'OH!

Has anyone found a file, or a reference in a file that points spells with radial menu choices (eg command, endure energy, restoration, sumon monster spells) to the spells_radial_menu_options.mes file?

I want to add a radial menu choice for the delaying part of a delayed blast fireball (the fireball part itself works fine). I found the .mes file with the radial menu options, but can't get the spell script to look for it....any help?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  9. darmagon

Thanks Allyx and shiningted

sorry for being incommunicado(well not really incommunicado but less than active in checking out the additons made for disintegrate.) the last couple of days. Work has been hell! Just did two 14 hour days and a 12 hour day (today). Anyway went ahead and implemented the Stoneskin suggestion and downloaded shiningted's revision of Allyx' mod for the spell sounds. Great stuff guys, thanks. I had so much fun disintegrating my whole party with these new effects I went ahead and did it again and then again. I think they really make the spell more convincing and....well....fun. With Allyx' and Shiningted's permission I am going to post a revision of disintegrate in the Darmagon's spells thread including these upgrades. Thanks again guys and let me know okay?

Darmagon

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey its fine by me, in fact i would prefer we just have the one snd_spell.mes doing the rounds, that way things don't get lost. But Allyx gets the credit for the sounds, I tried some and i STILL can't get them to work! (They sound good too - but then, i thought that about my last lot ;))

11. Allyx

I'd love the new revision, by all means re-post it.

12. Zhadowstorm

Zhadowstorm Member

Aye!! If your going to fall back on Disintergration then there should be nothing left. My evil wizard use to use it to piss off this annoying whiny fighter my friend played.

13. darmagon

Just trying to keep it in line with the 3.5 rules:)

Darmagon

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

This seems like as good a thread as any, for my next question, as I still don't use much magic;

what spell(s) are cast from the caster with the caster in the centre and there is no target it just casts on everyone in range and they have to make a save.
    I can't remember if bless and bane are like that, if they are say so, I've spent more time modding and testing than playing lately

15. Allyx

yes bane and bless both centre on the caster. Why? What are you planning you sneaky dog you? A Suicide blast spell? 20d6 damage (reflex for half) must fail a Wisdom check to cast the spell as the realization that completing the spell is gonna hurt causes it to fizzle?

Our Host!