Constable won't talk

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Horsesoldier, Oct 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

I cannot interact (either click on or talk command) with the Constabulary officer on the first floor behind the desk on the right. I think his name is Absolom isn't it ? He's got a green circle but doesn't respond to anything. I know there's a couple of jobs I need to report to him about and he might even give one or two jobs (Darlia, Hextorites?)

Is there a console way to fix this ?

I will archive a save if needed.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That was fixed in the 8.0.1 patch - along with the Verbobonc worldmap issue ;) - which must mean that you don't have the patch installed properly. Did you activate it via the add-ons button in TFE-X?

3. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

did a fresh/clean install of the game, patch 1 & 2, and the 8.0.1 mod - I thought that was all....

....did NOT know I had to activate the "add on" button

I'm the biggest moron in the Realms.......:sadblinky
    I'm gonna find out now if my save works - I've been meaning to try a Druid in the party anyway :roll:

Thanks for the incredibly prompt reply

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Saves should be fine for the most part.

5. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

save was good - except - extraplaner chests were all empty. Lost all the potions/scrolls/weapons/armor/rings (nothing with charges) in them. Consoled them back in from memory. All is good...

Thanks again

Our Host!