Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm in the middle of fighting the dwarves in the quarry, and Scather has just killed a dwarf via an AOO. The game is stuck on the dead dwarf's initiative count. The last dwarf this happened to eventually just ended his turn, but not this one. Is there some way to force the game to end the dead mob's turn?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you can get the console up, you could try teleporting out, which should end combat.

Code:
    from t import *

tp(5108,490,480)
    will put you outside the cave. Then just go back in I guess and see what happens.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

That did the trick, thanks Gaear!

4. Zombiemonk

Zombiemonk Member

With all the turn based games coming out I have a hankering for ToEE again. This will make my 4th CO8 powered trip and 6th trip total. Getting excited to see that there has been a LOT of new content since the last time I played.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys involved!

5. Gaear

Question: has the gnoll leader in the Moathouse been auto-talking lately upon your first meeting?

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I usually sneak in through the back door and don't give him a chance to talk. If they spot me though, yes he talks.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yes, he's been speaking up as normal in 7.7.0.

8. Gaear

Okay, thanks guys.

9. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Soooooo- 7.8?

10. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Have downloaded and activated 7.8.0 NC

Just a few questions - Where are: Added gold breastplate (not in shop)

Added major rings of enchanting, creating, abjuring, divining, evocating, illusing, transmuting, necromancing, summoning, and protecting (not amongst creatable items/rings)

Added quickflame, quickfrost, quickscald, quickspark, and positoxin alchemical capsules.

and Added dsitilled alcohol, quicksilver, spore no more, and ooze you lose trade items?

11. Gaear

It looks like I forgot to put the gold breastplate in the shopmap, sorry. That means you will only be able to loot it from a few enemies atm. Everything else is in Verbobonc.

12. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Is there anywhere a description of the new things in 7.8 ? It's not on the download page, at least I couldn't find it there.

13. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

14. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Thanks, found it, also the rings: Hole lot of improvement in general, wow.

15. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

OK, here's the situation: playing LE with 6 characters and am in the Fire node. All characters except the druid and wizard/cleric are 12th level (the wiz/cleric is wiz 10/cleric 1). After several attempts I finally defeated the balor at the cost of my rogue and fighter biting the dust (the rogue was in the 1st slot and the fighter in the 2nd)- which is where the problems started.

First, I couldn't pick up the gem that the balor dropped- and then I couldn't exit the door from the node. Fortunately the wiz/cleric had a scroll of teleportation, which I used to get to Hommelett- and not only couldn't I access any door, but I couldn't interact with Brother Smyth either. When I decided to pass the time- since I couldn't even enter my house in Nulb to rest- there was a flash and sound effect like when Jaroo 'fixes' spell permanency- and then my druid- which had survived the fight with the balor, although severely wounded- died. I'm guessing I should chalk this up to the Bermuda Triangle effect of the Fire node on character's buff/protection spells- I started with a save from after casting my protective spells (I also have a save from before that as well) but I also have to say that on one occasion there was a flare effect that covered the whole party after I cast Lesser Globe of Invulnerability one time.

And to bring it up again- I know that a lot of time and effort have gone to changing the behavior of the AC but it seems to have affected the summoned monsters my druid summoned- I have a summons for each spell level memorized, and the only summoned monster that tried to attack only attacked the balor or herouz that the balor guardian summoned- none of them tried to attack the balor guardian itself (although the monsters summoned by use of the air, water and earth gems seemed to work fine).

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen to them?

Update: replayed from save with no buffs and killed the balor with no loss of party members but the same situation occurred- couldn't pick up the magic gem and couldn't exit via the door. I saved and then rested until a random combat happened- once the combat was over I could pick up the gem and use the door.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
Our Host!