Idea for next patch?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Wolfzen15, Jun 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Wolfzen15

Wolfzen15 Member

I just had an Idea but what do you think about new Races in the new patch? Like Shifters and Warforges Maybe PlanerTouch races as well.

2. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

This is not Eberron, it's Greyhawk ... so none of those proposed races exist in this world - except maybe Planar-touched genasi. In any case, it's not possible to implement with this engine. Otherwise i'm sure we'd have Drow, duergar, snverfblin (deep gnomes) (sp?), etc. already included.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  3. Wolfzen15

Wolfzen15 Member

Ah Well I figure if you could make cites you could make Races, Well okay thanks for letting me know, and hey it's already homebrew with the Mods Heh

4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

The seven races are already hardcoded in the engine so you would need the source code to add more. It might be possible to replace one of the races with a new one but that would require some effort and of course the loss of one of the current playable races. There was a guy who was working on replacing the Gnome with the Drow and he figured out alot of stuff for only being on the board one day but he hasn't been back.

5. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

I can't stand the idea of the Warforged race. They just seem so out of place in what I regard as a proper DnD settings. Dragonborn look kinda odd too - did they ever exist in Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms?

Eberron is, to me, just an abomination.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Its OK as a stand alone world, kind of a mix of fantasy and steampunk. I also liked the Dark Sun setting, and the Dark Sun video game was one of the best ever made.

7. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

^^
    dark sun video game? Do you mean shattered lands? wake of the ravager? Or is there one that I missed?

8. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

Total thread derail :) Shattered Lands was awesome in it's day. I never completed Wake of the Ravager because one of the first puzzles was just not making sense and I got mad. I had even imported my SL party and was looking forward to a great sequel. I still have the original CDs and could probably play it on DOSbox or some other emulator.

If anybody has played through and can recall, how were you supposed to get out of the tomb with the dead guy and all the odd items? There was a mirror and a desk and a dead guy in a chair or something to that effect and it was within the first 20-40 mins of play. I just happened to click something and "POOF" I'm stuck with no save to reload. A shame really. Couldn't find any reference to it in any walkthrough or forum back in '01.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I beg to differ with you on that point my friend, I think Co8 has gone out of their way to avoid exactly that.

The standards that are set upon actual mod pack content are rather stringent and unwavering.

Co8 has always said, If it can't be done as good as the original, then it doesn't go in the mod pack, no debate or discussion, it just doesn't go in.

Please keep in mind that KotB was not an official mod pack and therefore allowed Ted a bit more leeway with his awesome content and Awesome it is.

10. Big Cheeto

Big Cheeto Member

Would love to see a way to have NPCs that permanently leave, now show up at the Welcome Wench...or maybe one of the taverns in Nulb. Nothing is less fun than building up an NPC, only to disband them and see them fade away forever.

11. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

How about an evil npc spellcaster? Also pc's with high bluff or intimedate be abel to use opposed alighnment based dialog threads?

12. tom

tom Established Member

Any chance of a dungeon crawl dungeon? - bolt togehter surface teraian at random, then bolt together cave teratain at random, have staris down, 2 or three on each level leading do diffeent levels below, throw some hidden stashes, chests and dead bodies to loot and populate with increasingly powerfull monsters, or groups of monsters,
    put in parties of agressive adventurers to fight against.

13. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

There is one in Verbo. Everything you asked for, and more.

Our Host!