TOEE Problems, Need help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Wolfzen15, Jun 16, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Wolfzen15

Wolfzen15 Member

So I when I go to the Toee-x up-loader I try to activate the Circle of Eight mod, Well it keeps saying not responding? :sadblinky

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Hello and welcome

Could you please clarify something? Is your browser ceasing to function when you try and download the .exe file from the mirror? I would try another browser and one of the alternative mirrors....

3. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

No, he means he's got it downloaded ok, and is running the ToEE-X Front End program to activate a Module.

Firstly; It does take a really long time, longer that you would expect.

Secondly; It can crash sometimes. It has for me before. If it does, I'm not sure what the best course of action is, and we might need some more help.

I will mention though, that when I activated 7.2.0 NC, it crashed. so I killed everything and restarted it and after that, it ran, and it worked. Can't guarantee that wlil work for you, but it may be worth trying.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you click on the TOEE-X front end a few times while it's activating the module you can easily get a "not responding".

The question I have is, did the small window pop up saying TOEE-X is working?

If you get the small window stated above it is paramount that you do not click on ANYTHING during the activation, best if you just sit back away from the keyboard, or better yet, go get a soda.

When you receive the "not responding" you might have to open the program manager, (ctrl+alt+del at the same time) to shut down TOEE-X and try again.

It's very important that you do not attempt any other tasks while the module is being activated, nothing, no tasks at all, best to not even touch the mouse or keyboard.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This is all covered in warnings and advisories in the installation instructions that are pushed at you while you are installing. (At least the 'don't do anything until you see "it's done!"' stuff.) [sigh], I don't know how much more black and white we can make it than that.

6. Wolfzen15

Wolfzen15 Member

Thank that Help me!!! :D I can play it now, but I just have some more bug issues...

Our Host!