High level quests help.SPOILERS INSIDE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by andysks, May 18, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. andysks

andysks Member

Hi all.I am near the end of the game.I know where everything is i just have some trouble.The remaining things to do are the Gremlich,The ghost and Demons and Demigods.
    The ghost and the Gremlich are related ,since the Gremlich is camping out of the castle,therefore i can go out to get stuff but the moment i teleport back it attacks me :).So i cant finish ghosts before the Gremlich.As for that,my highest search is 21 and i cant find the rabbit hole.Is 21 too low ?I mean,it seems high enough...I really searched the bottom area everywhere.Near the stairs and all over ,cant find any secret door.
    And for the Demons and Demigods thing...i find it just impossible :).If someone can tell me a good tactic would be awesome because the first time i entered by mistake ( i didnt know what i was getting into),and the second time one of the avatars cleaved to death 2 of my party members in his first attacks.Im level 19 by the way.Thanks .

2. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

I've never successfully found the Rabbit Hole either. You can kill the Gremlich anyway, though, you don't need to find the Rabbit Hole first.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The rabbit hole requires a search skill of 15 or greater. You also have to have gotten the quest to find Prince Zook's gem.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

AHAH! I think this is what I've been missing.

5. andysks

andysks Member

Same here :)..and i was like...how can he not find it !?!?

6. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Strange, I'm sure my search skill was higher and I'd never found it. I must try again...

7. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

This is driving me slightly crazy now. I have a search skill of 17, I have the quest, I cannot find this Rabbit Hole.

I'm beginning to think it's a cruel joke :(

8. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Spoiler below:

Buy Robe of Eyes from Senhock, equip them and u will find it. Remember to visit Castle of the Lords basement.

I have a few questions:

1. How to trigger the Gremlich quest? I have done Monster Mash and War of the Golden Skull quests, so Hextorites should have dispatched Gremlich already.

2. Where are evil dorfs from Fireforge quest? I can't find any quarry in Hommlet.

9. andysks

andysks Member

I think the quest is triggered on its own right after monster mash.When i traveled back to Verbobonc the guard starting talking about the Gremlich,if i remember correctly.

10. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Yea, it is how it worked for me in 7.1 NC, but in 7.2 NC I dunno why I can't trigger this quest. Anyway, I added this quest using a console command and I also found the Hommlet quarry, so my problems are solved.

11. andysks

andysks Member

The quarry is something i havent found :).Is there any prerequisites ?

12. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

There are only 3 tricks that I can think of (or that other players have mentioned) to defeat the 4 avatars of Iuz or St. Cuthbert:

1. use Fragarach and/or Scather (these weapons NEVER MISS, so have your best warrior (with the Power Attack feat) put his Power Attack up to maximum (you do this using the radial menu) and have your warrior use the weapon 2-handed so that he does as much damage as possible with each hit).

2. have your cleric or druid cast Meld into Stone, or a wizard/sorcerer cast Otiluke's Resilient Sphere so that the avatars of Iuz or St. Cuthbert surround your petrified (stoned) character (or character within Otiluke's Resilient Sphere) and waste their attacks doing no damage to your petrified (stoned) character (or character within Otiluke's Resilient Sphere).

3. use Lareth's Club of Striking while the spell Magic Weapon or Greater Magic Weapon is cast on the character wielding it (note: this causes a known bug where the weapon does INSANE amounts of damage each time it hits!).

I haven't actually done any of these quests yet but this is what I believe one is supposed to do in order to do the quests (please let me know of any errors or additions necessary so that I can ammend or add to the game guide):

Verbobonc quests:

The Rabbit Hole (I believe that you talk to Prince Zook IV (Gnome Prince) in the Gnome Quarter). The Rabbit Hole is only accessible through a secret door near one of the staircases in the lower level of The Castle of the Lords. The rabbit hole requires a search skill of 15 or greater. You also have to have gotten the quest to find Prince Zook's gem.

The Gremlich (this quest will only trigger after you either complete the 'Monster Mash' quest or get the Hextor Rat reputation) (talk to one of the guards outside city hall. Then talk to Mona (her home is the building next to Ah Fong's shop in Nulb). Then talk to Uncle Orrengaard III in the Rabbit Hole to find out how to kill the Gremlich. The Rabbit Hole is only accessible through a secret door near one of the staircases in the lower level of The Castle of the Lords. The Gremlich teases you a few times before attacking (so just exit the random encounters where you encounter nothing but hear screaming))

War of the Golden Skull quests:

Tools of the Trade (Fireforge is initially in the Inn of the Welcome Wench in Hommlet. Once Dwarf Fireforge has travelled to Verbobonc, he is in Verbobonc during the day, outside your castle by that small outbuilding that's right next to the ledge over the river)

Of Castles and Quarries (talk to Fireforge twice. The quarry is added to the world map the second time that you talk to Fireforge. Fireforge is initially in the Inn of the Welcome Wench in Hommlet. Once Dwarf Fireforge has travelled to Verbobonc, he is in Verbobonc during the day, outside your castle by that small outbuilding that's right next to the ledge over the river)

Here's how one finds the Rabbit Hole (see screenshots below):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

When I tried using Scather two-handed in 7.0, I received an error where it said something to the effect of "cannot power attack with a light weapon". This might have been due to my having the Martial Weapon Proficiency for Bastard Sword (I normally dual wielded Scather and a cleaver). Anyone else have that problem?

14. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

bah, my game must just be bugged somehow then. Either that or there's another mystery requirement no-one knows about to find the thing.

15. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Spoiler below:

This location is related to a quest 'Tools of Trade' given to you by Fireforge after War of the Golden Skull.

Our Host!