D&D Anthology including TOEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by benchwarmer, Mar 23, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. benchwarmer

benchwarmer Member

Hi,

I recently purchased a D&D Anthology that includes TOEE along with some other classics, but I don't think it includes even the Atari patches (based on the descriptions I've read). Problem is that when I try to install the patches it says that it can't find the .exe file. I'm guessing this is because the anthology installs in a different directory than the patch expects.

Any idea how I could apply the patch? Also will any of the CO8 mods run into similar problems??
    Thanks!

2. chrysop

chrysop Member

Hi,

I'm not certain if this is the same problem as I had, but what I did in order to patch the game was to run the patches from the installation folder (e.g. for me it was C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil).

Just copy the patches to the installation folder and try running them from there.

Hope it helps!

Marios

3. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

The game TOEE included in the bundle is already pre-patched. You don't need to install patches, BUT you SHOULD direct it to install to a custom directory not in the x86 folder.

However, if you do install where it wants to in that x86 folder, you should still be able to run the game, and install Co8 as i was able to do this on a HP machine running win7

Installing to a custom directory will alleviate some issues with the OS and and the annoying Win7 features that try to "protect" your game installation. Note sarcasm. :)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

See the troubleshooting section of the link in my sig, specifically the part about anti-virus issues.

I'm pretty sure Anthology is pre-patched.

Our Host!