It is a nightmare, it can't be true!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by 0rion79, Apr 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

It is a nightmare, it can't be true! I did some missions in a different order playing over the game, and Calmert asked me to have Filken to convert to St.Cutbert! And, wonder it, he say that he will do if I marry Fruella. I moved for all Homelet looking for somebody else, but it looks like that I just have to marry her. Pity, because it would be cooler if it could be possible to make her marry somebody else... maybe one of the 2 orcs in the 2nd temple level :D
    Anyway, great that her great cleaver now is just a keen masterwork item, and not that outpowered 1D10 weapon.

2. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

I'd watch what you say about Fruella if I were you. Some people seem to have a particular fondness for her. I like Fruella in TOEE except that, as an NPC, she is like most other NPCs in that when the party loots she gets nearly everything. I don't have the unofficial patches installed which I know changes this. When I do install the unofficial patches which fix this looting problem I am sure Fruella will once again join my party, cleaver and all.

Fruella - You go, girl!

3. 0rion79

World is great because of its variety: for me she is just an annoying character. Her voice is even worst, even if her stats are very good.
    If I should take one, better Elmo just to name one, that in some way reminds me the old, good Minsk :)

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I think Fruella and Burne are planning on starting their own jewelry exchange with all the stuff they get from looting. Now that Fruella and her cleaver have been downgraded , she's not a very useful npc anymore. Good stats and good xp if you marry her. She has to die one way or another to get her out of the game. Elmo is well worth the 200GP and is essential in the early stages of the game. With the new mods most of the npc's aren't particulary useful and a lot of people will quit using them and just go with pc's.

5. 0rion79

oh, I would like to use 8 PCs only when I'll want to try again the chaotic evil party where I go and kill everything moving around :D
    I think it will be made by
    1 - half-orc barbarian with frostbrand, 2 - elven archer with comp.longbow - 3 - a sorcerer - a cleric (must think about domanis) - 4 - human or dwarven fighter specialized with swords, then? Any suggestions for the remaining 4?

Anyway, about the other NPCs, the main problem is the looting. I don't know how much it has been fixed, but the problem is that they just store things - often unuseful for themselves, as you already know - and that they don't spend moneys, but just keep them. They are not interactive, nor smart, and dealing with their inventory proved to be a huge mess. The ideal would be to have them to take just few golds, no gem or others, even because I think that any player would invest in the NPC, giving them better equipment, potions and scrolls! So they still have their income granted.

6. magao

magao Member

Hmm ... only NPC I took early in the game was Meleny. Druid all the way.

Later (in Nulb) I took Serena (as slave) and Riana. Serena is now a 2nd-level Rogue, 7th-level Bard, and Riana is a 1st-level Rogue, 8th-level Ranger.

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well melany is nice for a couple of reasons. one she doesnt take any loot at all, she lets her hubby take care of it lol ;)

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmmm, u took the cute under-aged girl and the two from the brothel... well, we'll call that roll playing, shall we? ;)

I just started with 1.5, grabbed Elmo straight off because I had no-one with any survival ability to speak of in my party (thought he'd be a ranger, my mistake...) and got a shock to see how powerful he was. Don't know if it has changed at all, but he towers over my 1st lvl PCs. Has made the first few encounters survivable though :)

9. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

elmo is an excellent source of supplemental income early on... pay him the 200 gold. Take him out in the spider forest (be level 2 with 5 people by now), tell him he is off the team, he will deign to wait where he is... untill you kill him and loot his stuff. He carried multiple magical items that are worth quite a bundle, and the XP is nice too. Not to mention noone realises what you have done to him. This is great if you are an evil party.

To the guy without the co8 mods... get them, the game is just not playable without them. It will only get worse as the game goes on, the game is just not complete.

And as for fruella, her voice IS annoying!

10. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

I always like the idea of having a sorceror AND a wizard. Use the wizard for buffing and crafting, use your sorceror for artillery support. specialize in evocation (magic missile, fireball, cone of cold, etc) for extra effect.

11. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

clerics buff better though...

You know whats really useless though... a sorcerer/wizard... worst dual class combination possible. gets even worse if the third one is bard... (that was my first ever d20 character... It was in neverwinter nights... a level 1 wizard, level 1 sorcerer, level 1 bard... and then I scrapped it because it was useless)

Our Host!