The final conversation

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hal900x, May 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

In the final convo with Zuggt, one of the options is that the party leader gets charmed within the dialog. But then combat initiates, and nobody is charmed. Is that normal?

You know, I have read the original module, and perhaps that's the problem. This game is so great, and so fractured at the same time.

Edit: not to mention, she thinks I killed Hedrack. Last time I checked, he was still chilling on level 4. Along with his Chaotic Evil buddies, who are all afraid of Darley.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The only way Zugg will mention Hedrack's death is if he's dead. Hedrack can die in one of two ways: 1. you kill him, 2. he hires you to kill Senshock, and you narc him out to Senshock and don't kill him (Senshock). Senshock will then presumably kill Hedrack offscreen, two hours later.

Zugg's charm dialog appears to call an internal function, 'pc.dominate().' It can happen with Iuz as well. I don't know anything else about it.

3. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Right, I did "narc him out". I believe the actually removal of the hedrack npc happens when you initiate dialog with Zuggt, because if you just enter her prison without speaking to her, Hedrack is still there when you return. That's what threw me off.

Too bad about the charm thing not working. I know nothing of the internals of this game, nor modding. Still, I would think Dominate wouldn't work if cast by a mob, because it adds a party member. Can game mobs have a party? Maybe it was supposed to be Charm that is called.

Our Host!