Jaroo's Jerkstop?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hal900x, May 14, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

On my newest playthrough, once Amii is spawned, if I enter Jaroo's pad there is jerkstop inside. It's not immediate: first he casts a spell, and I can see that the animation is normal and smooth. But a second or two after that, his cape animation becomes jerky. Looks like he is attempting to fly. Once that happens, all movements, party included, are jerky in his home. Reloading from a previous save doesn't change this behavior. If I exit his home, everything seems ok running around Hommlet. But the first combat after that (random encounter), scrolling over the battlefield is jerky.

Anything else to try, or iust live with it? My previous playthrough I pretty much gave up and lived with the jerk, but it got progressively worse throughout the game.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's actually not jerkstop; sounds more like a heartbeat in perma-loop. I will check it out

The subsequent jerky RE shouldn't have anything to do with it either. If it's Jaroo's scripts, they terminate after you leave his map. And if it actually is the map's sector data or something (e.g. a 'fatal sector memory leak,' according to Agetian), well, all map-related processes terminate after you leave the map as well.

Do you have anything unusual in your inventory?

3. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I think you're right, the stuff in the subsequent combat was just coincidental. I haven't had any other problems since. Nothing special in my inventory...very early in the game.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I confirmed the flapping ... it was a heartbeat script that repeatedly tried to make him equip 'all best' weapons outside of combat, even though he's already scripted to do that anyway in combat. It's been disabled for next time around ... no more cloak-powered liftoffs. ;)

I also modernized the whole Amii routine too, incidentally.

Our Host!