Single Character play?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by t0lkien, Oct 8, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Well, people here is geting some advice for someone that is going to clear ALL enemies in the way with a small number of characters....
    I have played Vanilla (ehy the "original" game is called this way?!?) with a single character, and have repeated this most than just once in the new versions of the gamer, after the most amazing solo game iten of the game: Ring of invisibility.
    Just put your finger in a one ring of those, and yer problems are completely solved. Any class, no matter if a pure fighter or a wizard 5/rogue 5/sorcerer 3/bard 3/barbarian 2/druid 2 or something like this. With that one ring, in my first time soloing the game, I use a Cleric 8/fighter 2. A good combination for use of weapons/armour, lots of buff/cure spells, and some slots for summoning. Ah, and a good number of HP and feats, too. Anyway, I have reached the 10th level much before the end of the secound level of the temple, and so I beggin to... Well, "spy" the place. That ring allows ya to pick yer fights, look for stategic places to beggin a battle and make summons, look over doors without being attacked, open some chests without being noticed... It is magic! If I currectly remember, I have visited even the nodes, and be able to take a look in the big guardians and say "well, no way that I'll fight this thing!" And then get out unnoticed. I remeber that I have fighted just one of the guardians, maybe the Vrock...
    Well, I'm rambling now...
    But this is it! Get one of those rings and choose what to kill, and what dont fight against! Even with a big number of monsters "left behind", I'm pretty sure ya will be able to aquire 20 levels AND have some XP to burn in magic weapons/armours - for those who thing this is essencial to beat the game.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sitra - please add 'purge invisibility' to the Temple Preists' repertoires ;)

3. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Go ahead! They can't purge what they can't see! ^^

4. t0lkien

t0lkien Member

After watching a YouTube video of someone soloing a cleric, I've gone with that and ... yep. One word: OP :)

Our Host!