Would Any of You Be Willing to Create a Party for Me?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Haints, Jul 23, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Haints

Haints Member

I've been meaning to play this game for ever but the idea of creating a party from scratch makes me a little neurotic will all the various options and balance issues to take into account ... I would go with Troika's ready-made characters except I do want to rename them and you can only do that with custom-made characters, so ...

Would any of you be willing to create a party for me and then upload them or a saved game with them for me to play?

I'm looking for a standard four party setup: barbarian, magic user, etc.

Thanks in advance!

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

To simplify character creation for you, you could try this "four man band":
    -Half-Orc Barbarian with as high a strength as you can get. Use a two-handed reach weapon. Take Survival, Listen and Tumble (though Tumble is a cross-class skill). As with the Cleric, you could off load Intimidate from your Rogue here, but it complicate things.
    -Elven Wizard specialized in Divination (I use Necromancy as the opposition school). This will get you extra Read Magics and Identifies early on (Read Magic identifies potions as well as scrolls in TOEE). Elves can use longbows and long swords, so they'll be useful even when their spells run out. If you can get a strength 12 or above, you can eventually use a composite longbow that takes advantage of your strength. Take Spellcraft, Concentration, and Tumble (though Tumble is cross-class).
    -Elven Rogue, for much the same reason as Elf for your Wizard. You can get Sneak Attack damage within 30' with a ranged weapon from surprise. Skills are very important for this character, as they'll be your "face". In addition to the usual Open Locks, Disable Device, Hide, and Move Silently, you must have Diplomacy, Intimidation, Spot, Sense Motive and Search. This will probably require a higher intelligence. You'll also want Tumble if you can fit it in, and the good news is it's a class skill for Rogues. A number of the early quests require 10 "ranks" in Diplomacy, Intimidate or Sense Motive. You can get +2 on Diplomacy checks with the Black Dress from the Tailor, so female is probably the best way to go. Also put this character in the first slot (all the way on the left at the bottom of the screen). That slot is the default character NPCs will interact with.
    -Human Cleric of Hieroneous with Good and Law domains. This way, you can craft Holy and Axiomatic weapons (eventually). Much like your wizard, take Spellcraft, Concentration and Tumble. You might be able to off load Diplomacy to this character from your Rogue, but it's much easier to have all your interaction skills in one character. That way you don't have to remember which one is in the first slot. Multi-classing with a level of Fighter later isn't a bad idea to gain access to longbows.

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Personally my suggestion would be that if you don't want to create your own characters to use the pre-generated ones- at least with them you can try them out repeatedly with a different mix until you get what you want- if someone else makes your party you only get what they give you. That being said, what alignment do you want to play? I have a different party mix (both class and race) depending on alignment. And while you say you only want the 4 PC's, do you intend to hire NPC's as well? I never do, which is why my party is always set to 6 PC characters. I don't have the expertise to upload a created party file to this site (although I'm sure there might be a thread about it here somewhere), but I'll give you my tips for a 4 character LG party, all human. Try to have at least one stat at 17 or better or two at 16 or better:

1-Fighter or Paladin with Improved Initiative, Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus in either long sword or ransuer (as holy versions of these weapons can be found in game). Your classic tank, Strength, Constitution and Dex are the main stats (and if Paladin Wisdom for spells). Also, your Paladin will only get the two feats- the Fighter gets their bonus feat at 1st level as well as the bonus feat at 1st level for being a human...

2- Cleric of Pelor with Good and Sun domains. Improved Initiative and either Greater Turning, Spell Focus X or Spell penetration X is what I would start with, or substitute a weapon proficiency if you want the Cleric to help the Fighter/paladin. Take Create Wondrous Item ASAP and craft a Helm of Reading Magic- it will be the best use of gold and XP you can do at the early levels. Try for high Wisdom, Charisma and Constitution..

3- Rogue with Precise Shot and Point Blank Shot- this will be your party's 'face' person so a high Charisma, Dex and Intelligence are what you want...

4- Wizard with Spell Penetration and Spell Focus X- some folks argue that both of these feats aren't needed with a first level wizard, my response is since low level wizards have so few spells to choose from why not make them as effective as possible? Also, if you're going to take these feats anyway, why not now? Sometimes I want to wait for the enemy to move first so that they can get within range of the spell I have in mind or to allow a stronger foe to show themselves (why charm a goblin when you can charm a higher level enemy that may be behind them?). Craft Wondrous Items and Craft Weapons and Armor should be taken after you get Improved Initative as a feat- it's going to take a while to get all the gold and XP you'll need to craft items so just let the Cleric handle that for now...

Anyway, these are my suggestions and one other thing- Tumble for everyone. With a high enough Dex (provided by magical gear) even your Fighter will be able to Tumble out of danger in a reliable manner...

Our Host!