the consequences of choosing the option "it's a long walk" when being rewarded by the balif.

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by sirchet, May 30, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When the balif tells you to go to the provisioner and pick out a masterwork weapon and you choose to say, but it's such a long walk and get teleported directly there, the guard will stop you on your way out and put you in jail.

I didn't see this reported anywhere else, but then again I could have missed it.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The quartermeister, not the provisioner. Interesting bug: probably only occurs in specific situations, but certainly a bug. Thanks.

3. sirchet

Still the 200 gold to get out of jail isn't a bad price for a masterwork weapon. ;)

4. Shiningted

Hey what were you arrested for? Trespass?

5. sirchet

I believe so, he said something about being where we shouldn't be iirc. What was kind of funny was we were actually leaving, (we did take a look around though).

6. Shiningted

There's simply a flag to stop that happening, or possibly you are meant to go straight out. Were you told to go straight out? I'll check the dlg.

EDIT: The guards all run off pretty much the same script to save duplication, but can I ask where you were when you got nabbed?

7. sirchet

We were approaching the door to leave the building right after paying the fine, the guard spoke to us inside the building iirc.

8. Shiningted

This probably a childish bug - you have a flag saying, "I'm here for a masterwork weapon" that gets unset when you get a weapon (to stop you getting 2), which then doesn't let you explain on your way out. Silly bug, I should have foreseen that.

Our Host!