Thanks

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BrotherSmythe, Sep 2, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

Your modifications are outstanding. You've made a good game great. I enjoy the 3.5 rule system and Co8 lets me play around with it. This is the first time I've ever participated in a thread of any sort so I'm very excited to contribute what I can. Thank you very much for your work.

Allyx and sirchet like this.
  2. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Check out Temple+ as well, it's adding content to the game also. And there's Keep on the Borderlands and an Icewind Dale conversion being worked on. There's so much new stuff for ToEE in the near future.

3. BrotherSmythe

Awsome-o. KotB is definitely on my list. Can I have it saved on my pc with ToEE at the same time? Does it use the ToEE front end or does it have a separate desktop icon/startpoint?

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Yes, it's just another module for TFE-X that you can activate.

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  5. BrotherSmythe

I think that I would like KotB,Temple+,portrait packs ,and an updated Co8 mod ( I'm only on version 8.00 sadly ).
    Any advice as to how to achieve these goals? I'm a bit of a duffer at these sort of things. I was barely able to download what I did. The files had to be stored in a special place because of windows 10? Also will I have to delete my saved games as well as the master game file itself for these changes?

6. relic

relic Established Member

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

BrotherSmythe, if the task of installing seems daunting, you could always just print out the instructions and mark off each step as you accomplish it. ;)

8. BrotherSmythe

9. Dangerlinto

Dangerlinto Member

Hear hear - I've played through various versions of this game over the years (including the super-duper buggy original incarnation) and with Co8 it's basically better than any CRPG out there.

I only wish there were 3d isometric view (rotate and zoom, but not change angle) of the game. With that and a worldbuilder, it would be timeless.

In fact, someone get on the phone to Digital Extremes (who I think currently hold the rights). This is how a D&D game should play out - evn multiplayer would work well, IMHO.

Allyx, Onyx and florian1 like this.
  10. Onyx

Onyx The Slayer

Yeah, I agree with Danger. I've played a lot of the CRPG classics, including some of the ones from the 80s and I always find myself replaying this game in particular. The combat system is just really well done (aside from the bugs of course) and Co8 and Temple+ have added a lot of great content and other tweaks.

I tried playing Icewind Dale again recently and I was honestly pretty bored by the combat. Real Time with Pause systems always feel like a mess, even when games like BG2 try to make the best of them. The Co8 conversion of IWD looks really promising, as ToEE's combat seems tailor-made for that game.

That said, I would love to see this engine, or something like it used for new games. I really think Paizo blundered by not trying to get a good turn-based Pathfinder CRPG on to the market. And I can't remember the last decent D&D RPG we had. NWN2+expansions was okay I guess? Here's to hoping someone will fill that niche eventually.

Oleg Ben Loleg and Allyx like this.
  11. BrotherSmythe

If i need to update from co8 ver. 8.00 AND download /install Temple+,KoTB,portrait packs,etc is there an exact order in which to download /install all of them or do I simply install anything that i want at will?

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

1. Download and install the 8.1.0 NC patch, use TFE-E to activate the module.
    2. Download and install KotB (you'll have to activate this module with TFE-X before you can play it with either TFE-X or Temple+)
    2. Download your module specific portrait packs and activate it - also with TFE-E.
    3. Then install Temple+ and configure it to your liking, launch the game.
    4. Wait for Temple+ to auto update and exit the game.
    Launch the game from the launcher (not the configuration tool) and enjoy.

13. sirchet

Wait a minute. KoTB is Temple+ friendly?

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

KotB has been supported in Temple+ since version 1.0.12, though I'm not sure if anyone has been bug hunting using both KotB and Temple+ yet.

15. sirchet

Outstanding!

Our Host!