Resolving my loading screen crash issue

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Starcomet, Jan 28, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Starcomet

Starcomet Member

Greetings to you all,

So I have played this game many years ago when it first came out and had the original CD. I never finished the game however, but was happy that the early c08 mod was around that improved upon the game. Now I had bought the GOG version last year and this time plan to finish it, but this game apparently does not like Windows 10. I have read that others were having the issue where the game loads up fine when you first install it, but afterwards it crashes when it loads either on the clearing protos or initializing sector data screen.

I was at wits end till I remember that the issue was the operating system not being fully compatible with such an older game. That made me try using the program called sandbox to act as a buffer between the game and the computer so it does not interfere with it while it runs. Once I did this, I no longer receive any crashes when the game loads up. This is my advice for those who are or still suffering from this issue.

2. Starcomet

Starcomet Member

Other games that were in the same boat include Black and White 2. That games was not designed with Windows 8 or 10 in mind and the game constantly crashed after a few minutes of playing. Sandbox fixed that for me as well.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  3. Deckyon

Deckyon Member

Same thing happened to me except that I had been running the game with no problem for a week or two. Then all of a sudden the front end would not start at all. Could run the toee program on it's own but not the front end. Had to delete everything ( copied saves first as I was up to level 8 ) and then reload everything. I have original box game of toee, loaded patches and then mod. Got front end to work but toee would fail just like was said above ( usually at proto - would say program had stopped working and hang up whole computer sometimes ). Loaded program like he said above ( the name is sandboxie by the way ) and start front end in that and everything works flawlessly so far.

4. Deckyon

Deckyon Member

Oops, spoke to soon. Now it's crashing even sandboxed!

5. Deckyon

Deckyon Member

Just installed temple+. Loads fine through that and it loads a lot faster!

Our Host!