Potion idea

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Forgalz, May 26, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

So, for a long time Read Magic has worked to identify potions, too. That is not really RAW, but was apparently convenient with the millions of potions ToEE dumped on you and no other way to identify them than the costly Identify. But with Alchemy now here, would it not make more sense to remove potions form Read Magic and allow Alchemy checks instead? Check whenever a potion enters an inventory, allow Take 10, maybe even mis-identify on a Critical Miss? Maybe even the Scribe Scoll mojo that prevents rechecks after failure until skill value increases could be applied somehow?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm, that's a really good idea: anything to increase the usefulness of actually putting skill points somewhere is always good. I may have to request a TemplePlus for KotB after all. Not sure how much I can do myself, but in theory this can all be scripted: I did the "prevents rechecks after failure until skill value increases" for Handle Animal, I don't recall how I did it but I scripted it somehow so yes, I can do that apparently :)

3. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

By the way, I really like the potion balance in KotB. I used two or three in dire situations, I even sold two CLW early on to make money, and now that I make the final push into the Shrine, each character has one healing potion for emergencies.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

For a radial menu option or what? It's otherwise quite scriptable, you can probably use the item's internal variables to store 'last skill level' or sthg like that.
    I'll happily oblige a KotB T+ compatibilization regardless though.

Our Host!