I got tired of guards

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Kshahdoo, Aug 31, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

So they always try to arrest me, even after I got that medal. I mean sometimes they nod to me like to a respected veteran. But the next time the same guard arrests me for "guards' impersonification". They get me to the jail, where it's impossible to rest without monsters coming (I understand undeads, but a giant frog in a prison cell!?), and the most terrible thing they always confiscate my full plate armor, I bought from the blacksmith. WTF!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, that's your problem - if they see you in full plate they think you are trying to impersonate a Cavalry Officer. That's a known bug, sorry. You shouldn't get sleep encounters in gaol though - that's a new one!

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

But attacked-by-frog-in-gaol is pretty awesome. ;)

4. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Will they arrest me, if I put my full plate in the inventory?

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Randoms in gaol (jail for us Americans) confirmed. I've seen this for some time. Can't remember if I got the frogs or not though...

6. Shiningted

If you're not wearing the full plate, no they should not arrest you. Please let us know if that works :)

EDIT: The gaol (speaking English :p) randoms are probably in the bug thread somewhere, I will certainly double check that before posting any future updates.

7. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Yeah, they don't bother me, if my cleric hide his full plate in inventory. But I actually sold it back to the blacksmith, because masterwork samurai armor I loved more.

And where can I find that Lady in Red (Lady Maeri)? As far as I understand she is somewhere in the keep, but I can't find her there.

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Look around to the east (right) of the inn at night.

9. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Yeah, thanks, found her.

Now I'm trying to catch the traitor for Merchant Guild and just can't get to Inner Bailey. I mean, the entrance guard send me to Ballif to get his word, and Ballif don't wanna speek about the matter, just no any dialog options for this.

10. Shiningted

Hmmm, do you have the document? There is a letter from the Master of the Merchant Guild needed to advance all this. (The Sergeant at the gate to the Inner Bailey would only have sent you to the Bailiff if you had it so you probably do, just checking).

Where did you speak to the Bailiff, the pub or his tower?

Also, could you put game.global_vars[66] in the console and tell me what comes up?

This is the longest and most complex quest in the game and has a twist at the end involving a check for skills other than social ones (more than one so you get some sort of chance to win), so don't stress if you can't finish it when all is said and done. My favourite part of the game.

11. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Well, I somehow managed to get past gates. Talked to the sergeant in the pub, and he all of a sudden sent me to the scribe. Scribe sent me to the cavalry commander, and sergeant let me in, because I had a sign from Ballif. I didn't get any signs from him, though. It looks like I just found a right trigger somehow.

12. Shiningted

Ok, the way the variable increases it assumes past a certain point that the Bailiff has signed your letter. Not sure how it progressed if it didn't, but glad things are moving forward. Make sure you have good social skills before speaking to the Cavalry Commander, he's not naturally helpful - buff if you have to.

Our Host!