Guide to Alchemy for KotB 1.0.0

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jun 28, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Firstly, for anyone checking the 'Downloads' thread for the release of the full version of kotb (1.0.0), please go get it at ModDB.

Now, due to a curious concurrence of circumstance, the mod released earlier than its intended 30/6 release date. A pleasant change, no doubt, for me :) One thing about this, though, was that the Guide to Alchemy did not go with it. When packing the mod for release I realised that the Guide included was not the most up to date one (which is on a USB stick, misplaced somewhere during 2 moves of house this year). So I deleted that old one and intended to write an up-to-date version that could be released today as a teaser for the up-&-coming mod release.

Then that went off early, and here we are ;)

The most up to date version of the Guide to Alchemy is available below. Also attached is an updated activation file for the Alchemy skill, which
    • Includes Alchemical Spark and Alchemical Frost as craftable items
    • Removes poison and the alchemical whetstone, both of which need some scripting polish before they can be used
    • Fixes a few typos

Please install this file to your data/dlg folder, overwriting the existing one.

Also, please be aware that I just realised today that the one Distillery in the game is not working, as the game has inexplicably set it's activation item (the thing you click on) as click_through (ie ignore, like a tree or something). For no reason :yawn: Already fixed for the next patch, but can't really be posted as a hot-fix. Use the two Alchemist's Labs for your Distillation needs (if you can find them!)

And enjoy :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!