Fear effects and PC control

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SwingBlade, Sep 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

This is something that has really only come up against the Balors, since they typically seem to ignore save DCs vs fear (though not Greater Heroism, thankfully), though it has happened against other monsters to indicate it's a general issue with fearing.

Anyway, what's happening is that when my PCs spend any part of the turn fleeing in fear, I'm left with a partial action bar. This is not unexpected. I can also finish out their turns with left-click movement, no issues. However, if I try to right-click to bring up the radial to try to perform any sort of actions, it brings up the menu for the first player in my party, regardless of whose turn it is. If I select an action, like attack, the PC in my Slot 0 will in fact take that action, rather than whoever's turn it is. If there's any time left on the bar, it goes back to being the correct PC's turn for whatever remains, then when I end the turn progression continues as normal.

To summarize by example:

1. Entire team gets feared.
    2. It is PC #3's turn. She runs away a bit, then I get control.
    3. I right-click to bring up radial for PC #3, and PC #1 (slot 0)'s radial shows up.
    4. I choose to attack the Balor beside PC #3.
    5. PC #1 shoots Balor with her bow.
    6. There is a smidge of of yellow movement bar left, so PC #3 is able to shuffle left slightly.

This is a consistent issue I've low-key dealt with since I started re-playing, and while it's usually pretty minor, it is pretty inconvenient. That it happens during one of the hardest encounters in the game didn't help with getting through that much, either!

I would report this on the RPG Codex page, but I'm still 'pending' there and am not sure the last thing I posted even showed up yet. Also their disclaimer at the top of the page *about* being on probational posting was pretty douchey and kinda discouraged me from wanting to participate in that community much.

2. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

I've experienced the same thing as well, especially with groaning spirits.

Our Host!