Daryk's mods for Co8 8.1.0

Discussion in 'Mod Submissions' started by Daryk, Mar 17, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

These fixes are for some of the merchants in Verbobonc and enable Veenah's Fashion and the Bear Essentials to purchase the appropriate gear at the proper rates. Fortunately, they're right next to each other in InvenSource.txt. The problem was traced to not having the "buy_list_num" statements in both the merchant and the store.

{597}{Heather: buy_list_num,5 100,6045 100,6042 platinum,1 gold,11 silver,111}
    {598}{Veenah: buy_list_num,4 100,6470 100,6319 gold,40 copper,21}
    {599}{Veenah's Fashion: buy_list_num,4 100,6147 100,6148 100,6149 100,6346 100,6218 100,6151 100,6150 100,6319 100,6344 100,6438 100,6235 100,6236 100,6342 100,6343}

2. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

Thanks for this! Just because my character has a net worth of 1.5 million gp doesn't give them the right to short me 5 silver on a pair of boots.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Oh , hey! You're very welcome, and thanks to the moderators for pulling this fix out of whichever thread it was buried in!

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Here's a quick fix for Terjon's dlg file. It corrects an error where he ceases to be able to cast Cure Serious Wounds after you complete a quest for him. Just replace line 951 with:

{951}{I need to cure serious wounds.}{}{8}{game.global_vars[5] <= 1}{570}{}

The specific mod was simply changing the "==" to "<=".

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Sorry this was found too late for inclusion in Ted's latest update, but I only just figured it out. Rannos Davl has an error in line 54 of his dlg file (there's an extraneous "and" statement that prevents him from acknowledging you're trying to extort money from him; Gremag's equivalent dialog and the "low intelligence" dialog for Rannos himself lack the "and" statement and work fine):

Replace line 54 with the below, and it works as intended:
    {54}{I found your spy in the peasant laborer camp. I think Burne and Rufus might be interested in that, don't you?}{}{8}{game.quests[16].state != qs_completed}{240}{game.quests[16].state = qs_accepted}

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Since there was a recent question related to this problem, I'm reposting the dlg fixes for Rannos and Gremag in regards to the retribution quest. Gaear included them from v7.7 onward:

Based on a thread started by The Royal Canadian, I completed all three Trader related quests (Traders Revealed, Traders' Courier, Agent Revealed) but discovered I couldn't get either Rannos or Gremag to talk to me about the Retribution quest after encountering the assassin in the wilds. I verified I had all the correct flags set, but I couldn't break them out of the "You double crossed us" dialog. Looking at their DLG files, it appeared this could be remedied by copying over the lines about the Retribution quest into the "double cross" sections (line {20} for both). My proposed fixes are below. I tweaked the language to flow with the discussion, and renumbered the lines to insert the Retribution responses above the others. I tested talking to both Rannos and Gremag, and they both properly flowed into the Retribution discussion. If I'm missing something here, please let me know.

Rannos:
    {20}{It is interesting that you return here after double crossing ME! [angry] You are no longer welcome here. Begone! [calmer now] And I suggest you watch your back.}{It is interesting that you return here after double crossing ME! [angry] You are no longer welcome here. Begone! [calmer now] And I suggest you watch your back.}{}{20}{}{}
    {21}{You were responsible for that assassin that came after me, weren't you?}{}{1}{game.global_flags[277] == 1 and game.global_flags[428] == 0 and game.quests[64].state != qs_completed and game.quests[64].state != qs_botched}{390}{}
    {22}{You and your partner are up to no good here, Rannos. Your threats do not scare me. Farewell.}{}{8}{}{0}{}
    {23}{You and Green Egg are bad guys. You not scare me.}{}{-7}{}{0}{}
    {24}{I do as I please, Rannos, and you no longer matter to me. I just wanted to come by and tell you that in person.}{}{8}{}{0}{}

Gremag:
    {20}{You! You've double-crossed us! Now Burne and his strange friend Rufus have put a special watch out on us. There's nothing I can do to you while in Hommlet, but I will refuse to trade with you. Our doors are closed to you!}{You! You've double-crossed us! Now Burne and his strange friend Rufus have put a special watch out on us. There's nothing I can do to you while in Hommlet, but I will refuse to trade with you. Our doors are closed to you!}{}{20}{}{}
    {21}{You were responsible for that assassin that came after me, weren't you?}{}{1}{game.global_flags[277] == 1 and game.global_flags[428] == 0 and game.quests[64].state != qs_completed and game.quests[64].state != qs_botched}{380}{}
    {22}{You are a bad man, Gremag. And I have no sympathy for you. Farewell.}{}{8}{}{0}{}
    {23}{You bad guy. Me not care!}{}{-7}{}{0}{}
    {24}{Whatever. Your petty concerns do not bother me. I leave you to wallow in your misery.}{}{8}{}{0}{}

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Remember, TemplePlus exists and is in active development. Make a post there with a link to your mods & stuff!

Our Host!