Cheating is bad

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by windmillcrusadeR, Apr 18, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Hi All,
    It's been a while since i posted. I love how u guys stick with this board.
    I learned a trick to add a crapload of experience and I'm not sure if it brings a bug up.

the bug that makes you not find hidden doors causes the whole game to be corrupted to never find hidden doors and you have to reinstall, i get that.

But if you save a game, right before you Kill the Lady of Fungi, at the end, kill her, then not kill all the minions at the end, the game will end. however, because it ends a few rounds after she's dead, the experience points don't get assigned.

So if you start a new game, as soon as you finish a task or kill an evil minion, all the experience points from the battle with the Lady of Fungi get assigned to your party.

I did this and got an awesome load of experience points, made it to the moat house and found the hidden door to the bandits lair, on the side.

NP, but somewhere between their and the Temple, i lost the ability to find hidden doors (ie the hallway of bones AND the passage under the well, that initiates just past Scorps lair.

When i do the above, i notice the hidden door bug pops up more but not immediately.

how often in gaming with TOEE Vanilla does this bug pop up?

just curious of the mechanics of the bug.

although starting off with 2,999 experience points is always nice, it doesn't really impact the game in the long run if you keep your party small.

2. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

It's like your playing kick boxing with a tea cup and expecting someone to know how to work the foolishness of it.
    If you need free xp use the console command levelup or whatever it is.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yup levelup is the command, though I don't think completing the game a certain way just to gain xp next time you play the game was the intention, rather just an unexpected happening, possibly related to another (secret door) bug.

Gehennis likes this.
Our Host!