Attention Modders: Mod Submission Guidelines

Discussion in 'Mod Submissions' started by Gaear, Mar 16, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey everybody,

With the recent activity on this board again, I want to implement a system for submitting mods. What does it mean to "submit" a mod? Simply that you're creating it for the community here and that you'd like for it to be considered for inclusion in the Co8 modpack. If you're making mods that you don't want to be in the Co8 Modpack, there's no need to concern yourself with anything below.

A few notes on submission/inclusion first: not all mods make the Co8 modpack. Many do. Most probably will if they're designed to fix things or expand or improve upon basic existing game components. (What we're really not in a position to include anymore is new game/adventure content, as ToEE's 20 levels are pretty well used up in the current modpack.) There's a screening process that takes place with the admin staff here that determines these things, and while it's not complicated or intense, we do reserve the right to make these determinations.

So, in order to keep everything orderly and easily accessible, I'm asking each prospective modder to create a single, core thread of their own for uploading mods. It should be called "[Member name's] mods for Co8 8.1.0."

This doesn't mean you can have only one thread. You can start as many threads as you like to discuss things or get feedback or whatever else you want to do, but at the end of the day, I want to be able to look at a single thread for each of you as the go-to place to find all your uploads.

Within your core thread, each upload should include either a brief explanation of what the mod is, or a link to a thread that will provide the necessary explanation. I don't need long paragraphs laying out all the core principles, but I do need to be able to remember what it is (as I don't memorize all your mod projects. ;)).

Lastly, it's assumed that all mods are built on the latest iteration of the modpack, currently 8.1.0. Hence the name for the core threads. If for some reason you're building your mod off a different version, we can't use it. Got to stay with the times.

Thanks. It's good to see all this activity here again. :)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Note that I've created the General Modification subforum "Mod Submissions" for your mod submission threads. Having a unique subforum will prevent your threads from getting lost amid discussion, etc. Please place all mod submission threads here, as described in the post above.

Our Host!