Spell points?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lightbringer1, Apr 9, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lightbringer1

Lightbringer1 Member

Hello!

I recently discovered this game a few month ago, with the CO8 mod. I've read some things about the game, and some other things about the tremendous work this comunity has done to keep this game alive and enhance it.

That being said, I was wondering if there is a mod where the magic system is change? More precisely, where it uses the spell points variant described in the book Unearthed Arcana, page 153-157, or something similar.

In the few D&D games I have DMed, there a few things I decided to change for personnal preferences. However, the biggest thing I always dislike was the '' memorising spell '' system.

All that to say: is there something like this available? Or is there a projet on-going to change this aspect in the game?

Thanks in advance for your replys/responses, and keep up the good work! From what I've read and saw, this community mod is incredible!

2. Lightbringer1

Lightbringer1 Member

BTW, sorry in advance if this is not the appropriate place to ask stuff like this, this is my first post.

Also, sorry for my english, it is not my fisrt language.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

On the up side, KotB incorporates some of the metamagic components from Unearthed Arcana - not many, but a few :) In fact, as many as made sense in the game.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

With Temple+ you can also pick Favored Soul.

5. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I'm not part of the modding community, but my understanding is that there are limitations to what can be done with regards to altering the core game engine. While in a P&P game it's pretty easy to say 'you now have a pool of spell points and expend them thusly to cast spells', coding that on the computer is far harder. So far, all the new classes/ prestige classes in temple+ have worked by modifying the existing chassis, as far as I can tell. That said, someone was trying to mod psionics, which as far as I know use a points system; if that works out perhaps that could be further modified to allow spell points as an option.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's certainly possible to mod it, but it would take a non trivial amount of time. I'm busy with other stuff, but if someone wants to have a go at it I'm willing to provide guidance.

Our Host!