Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you are using a particularly high resolution, you may benefit from using Temple+ as well as the Co8 mod.

Temple+ is a partial engine rewrite and adds many more bug fixes to ToEE by correcting many of the hard coded bugs that are so difficult to fix without the source code for the game.

There are additional resolution options, and AI improvements for enemies, some new prestige class options, and many more improvements.

You can find it on ModDB.com

2. ShadowCabalist

ShadowCabalist Member

Sorry if i have missed this, but i seem to have a problem with experience points. After achieving 10th level, the next experience point award dropped me back to 45,000 and i go no further. I am using a new install with the final added content version. I have never used the console or added any additional content. The only thing i have done is stop automatic updates of Temple+ after an update last week stopped me from picking items off of the ground. Any ideas would help, thanks.

3. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

As far as the update of Temple Plus, that bug of not being able to pick up items was reported and quickly addressed with the latest version/hotfix by Temple Plus devs, so I'd suggest updating.

There is a slight issue with the way xp is handled past lvl 10 with the core game engine that's been long standing for years, but it should not result in being unable to gain xp past 45,000. It sounds like you might have your level cap set at 10 with either TOEE Front End X or Temple Plus (they both have settings for level cap, I would recommend setting both higher to be sure)

4. ShadowCabalist

ShadowCabalist Member

Yes i had the setting correct in Co8 but had failed to change Temple+. One keystroke fixed my problem. Were that all issues so easily resolved! Thank you for your quick response.

5. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have looked at it many times but I have to ask: If I add items to the Holy Longsword +1 that I get from saying I will marry Meleny (this would be adding axiomatic, keen, and up to +3) why is it double more than taking a masterwork hand axe and getting it to the same updates and selling it (I actually don't but I take my cursor over it) to the person selling scrolls in the guard tower? The numbers are about 124,000 for the longsword and 62,000 for the hand axe.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A lot of the prices for magical items in ToEE are every bit as wrong as they were when ToEE first shipped out... this may be just 1 of many items that don't cost the right amount.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  7. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

I just tested this and made two "Holy Axiomatic +3 Keen" weapons (which comes out to +8). I was offered 124,456 gold for each one, with my Appraise maxed out. The first one started with the +1 Holy Longsword, and the other with a Masterwork Handaxe.

It may be that you added a special ability and then put it back, meaning your handaxe may not actually have Keen, or my only be +2. The confusion arises if you select Keen, then put it back. If you do this, the word "Keen" will stay added to the name even though you chose not to actually add the special ability.

I'm guessing that in reality, the handaxe is either missing Keen, or is only +2 (since the price is 62,000), regardless of the name. Try crafting the handaxe again, and see if you can add Keen or +3.

8. messedup

I have added the same things in the hand axe and the holy sword. They come to two different prices at the scroll seller in the guard tower. They should be the same. I have seen this many times. I have also checked the enhancements to ensure they are on the weapons. It seems the way you have said it that it is taking off for the masterwork that is originally on the hand axe.

9. messedup

More about the problem with enchanting masterwork items. I am using 8.1.0 new content. I enchanted some masterwork padded armor to +1. I looked at selling it at every location (except the jeweler) in Hommlet. I got 560 gps at every location except the tailor. That includes the church and the tower where you can sell any magic item at full price. I guess except for the enchanted masterwork items. I got the padded from the tailor also.

10. messedup

I ran into a problem today and I haven't heard of it before. I was fighting Ranos and Gremag (the traders) and they would not leave the fight to set up the ambush in Nulb. They just kept saying that they weren't looking for death. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I didn't know what else to do and I haven't gotten that far in the game yet. This follows doing the "eye of the tiger" quest and having my fighter hit tolub once and he saying that he bested me. I don't know if these were conjoined problems. I hope the uninstall and reinstall fixes the problem. Has anyone else run into this?

Also, this is not a blog issue. I see it as a game issue. I don't have any saves since they were uninstalled. Also I am using Co8 new content 8.1.0.

Update...I would notice that the outside secret door of the Moathouse wasn't visible no matter what I could do. The secret stairs and door were on the inside where the brigand leader was. This time through, they were normal. The uninstalling Co8 and TOEE along with reinstalling them worked.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  11. messedup

I guess this could be an anti-bug post. I just took out the hill giant in the Meadows to get the head to complete the masterwork items quest. I have read in many things that holy doesn't work. I attacked with a paladin (level 4) using a holy sword that I got from getting Meleny and a ranger (level 4) with Scather. I clicked on the blue words that said like 25 hit points and it said 2d6+0 enhancement for both. This tells me that the holy enhancement does work. I guess my reading too much (as in the hints that popup in the beginning before you click to not show them again) does come in handy. Also, both survived due to amulet of health.

12. messedup

I think this is another anti-bug but I have to say it. I have the roll history open and I have been experimenting. I picked up one morning start +1. I then enchanted it with Axiomatic, Holy, Frost, and shock. I hit a Ogre Mage and clicked on the blue hit points that the Ogre Mage were given with the hit under the roll history. In the walk-through it says not to enchant more than 3 features. I count 4 with what I did. Under the screen that comes up, I got the hps for the morning star, for my character's strength, the enhancement (only +1), a 2d6 for enhancement, a 2d6 for enhancement (I think these were for the holy and axiomatic), a 1d6 for cold, and finally a 1d6 for electricity. You get them all.

13. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

I am running a group of Duergar from the newest Temple+ and the following happened. going after Malthis, on entering the big Kobold room, Malthis was in the northern room so i shot him with a heavy Crossbow thereby activating him(first time i have done this btw). A bunch of the Kobolds actually engaged the kobold leader and others as they came south:eek::confused::eek:

14. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I suspect the walkthrough recommended only adding a limited number of enchantments to a weapon due to the crash if the item name becomes too long. There is also a limit to the number of "enchantment points" (can't remember the actual name at the moment) that a weapon can be given, but AFAIK the game should, and does, apply all effects a weapon is given.

15. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I discovered that a sling can be used to make attacks of opportunity. (The character in question had combat reflexes). I'm thinking that's a rules mistake.

Our Host!