Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re. the areas:

I take it you want to replace the Ogre Cave and Deklo Grove locations (areas 9 and 10 respectively) with Dragon's Eye and Lower Dorn's Deep (areas 11 and 12)?

If so I guess you should just swap the map numbers for those maps.
    Area 10 is associated with map 5069, area 9 is with 5095.
    Areas 11 and 12 are associated with maps 5112 and 5113.

You'll then also have to edit Ted's worldmap_ui files, which should be fairly straightforward.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ha, I'm in! Haven't been able to get the site going for a couple days.

Al - I've done the worldmap thing but had some crashes so I want to test it a little more on a fresh install, can't see any reason I won't have it done by the weekend.

In the mean time, here's a more-sectored version of Kuldahar (not perfectly finished but far better than before), plus a finished Vale of Shadows map to add yetis to and a finished Temple of Forgotten God outside map. Plus additional files (hope I remembered them all). I had to really blow out the map limits on the Vale to get it to work.

Attached Files:

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That's awesome Ted, I was worried when we'd not heard from you in a while.

I'm going to wrap up the bits that are currently released (minus what you are currently working on Ted) and upload the complete Demo+patch 1 & temple+ hotfix for the wolf quest to upload to ModDB.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. Shiningted

Hey again Al,

Here's an updated upload (a version 2, as it were) with everything from the previous upload so u only need this one. It has the new map things moving Wrom's Tooth and Lower Dorn's Deep as requested. I still have some issues with the game freezing, even on a clean patched install, so I can only think it must be because there were no paths done for these areas. Anyways, have a go and see what happens. :)

I'll get back to testing the Kuldahar dialogues then I can make a start on sectoring the Vale of Shadows dungeons.

Attached Files:

5. Allyx

Nice work Ted, will check it out tomorrow probably, thanks mate. :D

6. Sitra Achara

Bad characters:

I've run across an instance of bad characters in NPC dialogue. See screenshot below.
    This appears to be some weird encoding for the elongated hyphen symbol (the "—" symbol, as opposed to the regular "-"). ToEE doesn't play nice with it because it is a character that takes up more than 1 byte (this is called a wide character), and ToEE doesn't handle that.

upload_2018-2-24_21-18-2.png

In that NPC's dialogue file, I've also noticed it's marked as UTF-8 in the beginning of the file (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark). I'm guessing someone edited the file with some fancy editor?

Anyway I recommend doing a search for all files with that elongated hyphen and replacing it with the normal one.

7. Allyx

I have no idea what UTF-8 is... but I thought I had replaced all the long hyphens with shorter ones, though I might have missed some. thanks for the find.

8. Sitra Achara

Oh, it's possible I'm using an older version then. It's not clear where to get the latest files...

9. Allyx

The version uploaded on ModDB should be the most current version available.

10. Shiningted

I can confirm this, I just came across an em-dash in Amelia's dialogue. Which is peculiar, since the converter just converts to plain text and I do all my dlg modding in Notepad. I wouldn't have thought Notepad would do such a thing. O well, live and learn.

11. Allyx

Can you make your dialogue converter switch out the offending dash for a ToEE compatible one Ted?

12. Shiningted

Hey Al,

the dialogue converter is kaput - the .exes still exist (and I use one, too) but the original .cpp files were lost when my last computer's HDD packed it in, so there will be no V2, alas, or updates.

BUT, since I am now aware of it, I am keeping an eye out. I should pick up most of the em-dashes. I am close to finishing testing with the Amelia / Aldwin quest and will post their files soon. Did that WorldMap update I posted a while back work?

13. Allyx

I didn't test it fully yet Ted, sorry. I will get to it soon, I'm off work the week after next, so I'll have time to play through it again and add the next batch of map files, which should take the mod up to the end of Chapter 3.

14. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

This looks cool as hell. Man, I should check in on you guys more often. :D

-D

15. Allyx

I did some testing today @Shiningted, the worldmap is screwed... I tried opening it from Kuldahar, and clicking on buttons, it didn't crash or hang up, but it wouldn't allow travelling via worldmap to the Vale of Shadows or Kuldahar Pass, even just trying to close the map did nothing.

I might have to revert to an older Temple.dll to get it working, and edit in my changes for deities again.

Our Host!