Spoiler: Going to attempt Demons and Demigods with restrictions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mathalor, Oct 26, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I think Sitra Achara wrote that if you are using temple+, if you type a number for something that does not or should not exist with a "give" command, or something along those lines, then nothing will happen. So it sounds like temple+ protects us somewhat from our mistakes.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You can also enter IDs that exist in protos.tab but aren't meant to be in-game in that fashion though, so careful use of the command is definitely good practice. Basically don't ever input anything called "do not use" or anything in the proto name range or scenery objects or anything like that, just valid mobile objects. (Like items - weapons and armor, etc.)

3. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

Thanks. I am far past where I was at this point, but I will keep this in mind if it comes up in the future.

4. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

(Edit: If anyone knows at which levels all of the random encounters are available on the map, please let me know. I would appreciate it.)

I leveled an extra custom hero, had him marry Meleny and craft several holy weapons, then retire. I succeeded in killing Zuggtmoy and bought several spell scrolls from Verbobonc. Now I'm grinding experience on my crafters and main party.

I'm dealing with a balancing act. If I level my party too much, they will receive reduced or zero experience from encounters, but if I do not level them enough, they won't have access to higher level map encounters. I was keeping them at level 10 while clearing the temple, I recently leveled my main team to level 12, my crafters are still level 8 - 10 until they get more experience. I'm seeing on the map groaning spirits, ogre chieftains, werejackels, sea hags, and vodyanki. I have yet to see the lizardmen with hero levels, or the... I think they are called bodaks, the huge undead monsters. I'm hoping I start to see them when I level my three crafters to level twelve, making my entire party level 12. If not, I may permit them to take higher levels.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

I got my crafters to level twelve now, making some gear as they get enough experience.

I've seen lizardmen with hero levels a couple of times, and siren cultists a couple of times (How did I forget about these?)

I'm not sure whether to let my main five advance to level 13 in the hopes that it would increase the rate at which I would see these, or let them stay where they are.

I got large fire elementals, but they don't give me much experience. Not sure if I should have seen them earlier or if they should teach more.

6. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

Leveling the main group to 13 seems to have increased the frequency of these higher experience encounters. My main five characters almost have enough experience now to level to 20.

Our Host!