Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Or, you can just calculate the distance from attachee to triggerer ;)

Iirc the heartbeat rate is capped at 0.2 seconds, increasing linearly the further you are.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, that's normal for heartbeats. I saw (heard) that very clearly with the beep script.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Shiningted I've had a chance to look at the maps you did for Kuldahar, I will remove the doors for the upstairs of the inn, and check out the duplicate temple of Ilmater map image, love the sheep... I guess you couldn't resist temptation. :D

The building pictured below isn't working correctly, and the world map is still not functioning correctly. I've attached a save file below with all locations added to the worldmap so you can see the issues yourself, just load the save, and use the worldmap to travel to other locations.
    2017-09-27.png

Attached Files:

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O sorry, that's the Heart of Winter building, I started working on that then put it on the back burner. I'll get it working properly, that's easy enough.

I only added sheep because ToEE has no cows! Unless you want to use Buttercup from KotB....
    buttercup.jpg

5. Allyx

Nah the sheep are fine, the space is limited and any town ballsy enough to breed Gorgons for food production should have little to fear from a gaggle of Goblins.

6. Shiningted

Hey Al,

I've just done a lot of testing and for me the Worldmap wasn't working in the original download. Was it ever working? Or is there a temple.dll I am missing? The one I have doesn't have the new locations for Kuldahar Pass.

By the way, Buttercup is a working Gorgon, she's not for food!

7. Shiningted

Hey again Al,

Apologies, I hadn't activated the patch in the original download so that's why my testing wasn't working. I HAD activated it in the game I am modifying with the new dlgs etc though so will try to figure out why it is not working now. (I've also finished the missing HoW house stuff and finalised some more dlgs so will send them shortly).

8. Allyx

Awesome, thanks Ted. I keep meaning to get around to fixing the worldmap, but not finding the time to do so. Some of the areas are at least partially working, like I said before though a couple of the areas are linked to the temple location and use the same worldmap start point, which I don't know how to change.

And I will get those remaining maps finished off soon too.

The activation bug is another thing that needs addressing, but I lack the knowledge I would need to do it myself, never having worked with Java. I guess it can wait until @Sitra Achara gets back from his holidays, or @Agetian resurfaces.

9. Shiningted

Hey Al,

Here's a working Nate (I've used py456 so delete the other one) and also the finished version of that dodgy house leading to HoW, plus the jumppoint.tab.

I'm working on the worldmap problem now.

Btw, when you manually set scripts in a mob (whether with Ag's tool in ToEEWB or in WorldEd), it overrides what is in Protos.tab, so in this case, you'll need to either add the scripts to Nate's mob or destroy it and make a new one (I recommend the latter). Generally speaking I would suggest not adding scripts manually unless you are using a lot of that proto - so, if you have 20 goblins or whatever and you want just one to do the talking, or have a run-off, or whatever. Just put in protos.tab what you want the scripts to be and they will be imported when the mob is created.

EDIT: Ok, I tried your save, and it works. In fact, whatever problems I had with the Worldmap have evaporated (I was getting crashes, but now it works. <sigh>) I also tried putting that first patch I sent over onto a clean install of 'IWD Demo Final + Patch' and it worked fine.

When you say 'problems with the world map', may I ask what specifically are you speaking about?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Shiningted

Ok got the exterior of the Temple of the Forgotten God going and it and the Vale of Shadows partially sectored (only the exterior maps, not all the dungeons!) Much fun running around the worldmap.

While I think of it, here is an updated ground.mes, I had a typo with the ToFG day artwork.

Attached Files:

11. Allyx

Three of the worldmap buttons are currently using Temple of Elemental Evil linked locations even though they have separate icons, so moving to/from those locations always goes to/from Upper Dorn's Deep... which is obviously a little wonkey, and messes with the map paths I did already because the paths back from those locations go in different directions, furthermore travelling from one of them to the other 2 are instantaneous.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

IME those three locations (temple and satellites) can't be altered to differentiate their worldmap paths landing points. They'll always just go to wherever the parent site (temple) is.

13. Shiningted

Hey Al,

Ok, I thought you had come up with some new problem caused by my update. My fault for not explaining that I had not addressed the location issue button thing, I'll certainly do that next (should hopefully be straightforward). Sectoring is just something I can do without thinking when I am tired, and fun to test.

14. Allyx

@gabriel has now finished editing the maps in need of door removal treatment, thanks mate, much appreciated.

I'll get around to adding these images and the other maps copied onto ToEE maps and split up and uploaded soon.

Some areas I think will need 2 map versions as there are no doors in ToEE that can do what they should in IWD. EG one is a bird cage that when opened releases a bell, which drops onto a statue, which breaks the statue... I think "teleporting" from one version of thr map to another version of the same map would work instead.

15. Allyx

I feel I must apologise for my lack of progress on this mod recently, I've been busy with other games of late and have let slip my commitment to this mod.

That is something I intend to rectify. The artwork for the maps is for the most part ready to import into the game, but I've neglected to get it done thus far.

I plan to first add all the map artwork into ToEE folders and get them functional with map transition icons, and figure out the weirdness with the worldmap icons so all locations are accessible. Finally I need to get to sectoring the maps, adding containers and monsters and dialogues and scripts etc...

Our Host!