Can't Get Season of the Witch Quest...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by awanalore, Jun 19, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. awanalore

awanalore Member

Does this still come from the blacksmith? I have finished The Temple and completed the drow/dragon quest in Verbonc. Why am I not getting the mention needed to move on?

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Assuming that you are playing the v8 NC, your source for new quests is the notice board in the courtyard where you land when taking the Passage to Verbobonc. Can't remember what you need to do to trigger this particular quest (think you need to have arrested one of the escaped fugitives, but the walkthrough will tell you). It's also important to make sure you feed back to the questgiver to tick off previous quests as completed.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I would keep checking the notice board for an unusual occurrence in the moat house, (don't forget to read any notes you find on deceased foes).

4. awanalore

awanalore Member

There is part of the notice board that says "check notices." But there are never any notices.

5. sirchet

When you choose check notices are you looking in your inventory for a "notice"? The notice board places a note in your inventory you have to read in order to accept the quest.

6. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Is this your first time playing in Verbobonc using 8.0.1 NC? I have to admit I was a bit confused the first time through figuring out how to get quests.

For the Moathouse Respawn/Season of the Witch quest (they are basically done together), you need to embark on at least one of the fugitives quests, which you get by talking to Captain Achan, who is in the basement of the Constabulary. I believe once you have captured or otherwise dealt with one of the fugitives, and then report the fact to Captain Achan, you will then get a notice on the notice board from Captain Asaph. Simply read it, and the Moathouse Respawn is accessible.

I think If you want to get quests from Wilfrick, you need to meet with him to be offered the first quest. Once you complete that quest and report back to him, further quests from him come from the notice boards. To gain an initial audience with Wilfrick, talk to Captain Abiram who is in the centre of City Hall. You need to ask him about Verbobonc, and once Wilfrick is spoken about, you can ask to meet him.

The Game Guide and Walkthrough posted by Gazra_71 is very comprehensive (http://www.co8.org/community/index....eight-modpack-new-content-edition.8742/page-2), and holds the answers to many questions. The section on Verbobonc is on page two, and includes information on how to access the Verbobonc quests.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  7. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Make sure your inventory is not full when you choose to take a notice. It uses up an inventory slot.

Gehennis likes this.
  8. sirchet

Folks please try and remember to use the spoiler tags. Surprises are fun and there still might be a handful of people who have not experienced all of the quests and the sneaky way some things happen. :)

Our Host!