Any way to force turn end?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by milanm, Feb 9, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. milanm

milanm Member

There have been times throughout the game where turns just wouldn't end, most commonly after Scater retaliation, either my party member or the enemy would just stand there and do nothing, i couldn't even press escape to quit, was forced to AlF4, but a simple reload would correct the problem and in the next attempt i'd make it, but now... I'm at the first fight in the Skull War quest, the one just after you exit the house, it's impossible to get through, the game always locks up, either enemies go into endless AoOs if i provoke them, either they attack me or just stand there and the turn never ends, or they just get unlimited attacks per round, they attack until they kill my characters, but that one at least stops. Is there a way to force turn end using a console or something? Any other trick to use to get out of these situations? Thank You!

2. Metathiax

Metathiax Member

Try this out the next time you get stuck.

Go in your character's inventory. From there, try to use a potion. It won't work but it should break the lockdown.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

At the risk of insulting anyone's intelligence, this would be after hitting the space bar, (default key to end current char turn). :)

4. Metathiax

Metathiax Member

As far as I'm concerned, hitting the space bar did not appear to work under similar circumstances.

5. milanm

milanm Member

Really, space? How didn't i think of that? Space never worked of course. I did manage to beat it on the next try, used Frost Brand on the fighter, tried not to provoke any AoOs, will try the potion trick if i get stuck again. Now i can't exit the Quarry where you fight the Dwarf King for the mithril, every time i try to leave by clicking on the door icon the cave collapses, ruble falls on my head and that's it...

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Space ends a turn when there are more targets than you want (eg Chain lightening). Its the first thing I thought of when I read your question. The 'use potion' thing was a close second.
    Rocks fall, everyone dies :)

7. milanm

milanm Member

:) Any way around it? I can't exit the cave no matter which party member tries to use the exit, is there a console command to port the party outside or something?

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You should try to see to it that they're healthy enough not to die from rock damage. It's not an auto-kill moment, just an unpleasant surprise the dwarves laid for you.

9. milanm

milanm Member

I killed all the dwarves, used Mass Heal and everyone is at full health, but every time i click on the cave exit rocks fall on the head of the party member who was selected at the time and they don't exit the cave, i can click it 100 times in rapid succession and the rocks just keep falling, no way out of the cave, tried everything i could think of...

10. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,xxxx,Y,Z)

where xxxx is the map number, which you can get from MapList.mes

and Y and Z are the coordinates u want to appear at.
    location_to_axis(game.party[0].location) to see the coordinates of your party leaders current location.
    use this..

11. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Ignore my post. Gaear and HeJason have the solutions below.

milanm, in order to get out of your predicament, do one of the following:

Does any spellcaster in your party have the spell Teleport? If so, then rest and memorize the spell (if needed) and teleport your party to a location of your choosing on the world map.

If you don't have any spellcasters who can cast the spell Teleport, then use the following cheat code:

Open the console by pressing the ~ key (i.e. Shift `) (it should be the key near the top left of your keyboard), then type the following console command and press the Enter key after typing the console command, then press the ~ key again to close the console:

give 9492

The above cheat code will add a Scroll of Teleport to an empty inventory slot of your selected character.

If you don't have any characters who can use a wizard scroll, then use the following cheat code instead:

give 6284

The above cheat code will add a Helm of Teleportation to an empty inventory slot of your selected character. Equip the helm, then access that character's radial menu and select the option to Teleport.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did you kill all the dwarves? It shouldn't happen if so, but regardless you should have a character who has a high reflex go through the portal.

13. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Also, did you kill BOTH earth elementals? One of them didnt pop up for me and I ran into the same issue.

14. milanm

milanm Member

Thanks guys for all the tips, i did manage to get out using hellblazer's console trick, teleported to Hommlet with the console. You are right HeJason, the Greater Earth Elemental never spawned, probably because the top fight with the Dwarf King initiated in 2 parts, first with the right group of dwarves, the second with the King to the left and his possy so the Elemental never spawned. I reloaded an older save just to confirm, got the King do fight me with all the top dwarves, Elemental spawned all right, was able to leave the cave normally after.

15. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I just ran into the problem of not being able to exit the dwarf cave, using v 8.1. Thoroughly searched every corner of the cave thinking there might be another exit, so pretty sure I didn't miss any dwarves. No earth elementals joined the combat. Had a reflex saving throw about 30+, but still couldn't get through that exit. Used teleport eventually.

Our Host!