Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah if you could, use TFE-X to change your resolution to the highest supported, 1600 x whatever it is ( can't remember) and just check if the maps flicker when mousing around the edges. I may have to add a few hundred to each set of maplimits coordinates to fix the issue. Temple+ fixes that issue automatically, but then it also breaks Aspel's wolf problem quest so... *shrug*

There are only supposed to be 2 Orc Shamen, I will look into that issue, and get around to fixing the ai a little more. Also I think the quests are giving out too much XP now, so I will lower all the quest CR's by 1 each and see if that improves the ballance wben compared to the original IWD.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Yes, I set my display to max and the TFE-X setting to max and the maps do flicker. I checked in some Easthaven houses and in Ghereg's tower.

3. Allyx

Hmm, ok. I'll have to check the GF's big monitor and commandeer her PC for a few hours to make some final adjustments, I think it supports higher res than mine does (will have to check).

While it irk's me that she has a bigger screen than I do, she only has 2 screens, while I have 3...

4. Allyx

I just noticed, this thread is just over a year old now... Happy first Birthday ToEE:IWD. :D

5. Allyx

I've been trying to get the localised sounds for Easthaven working, but only some seem to be working.

I have copied @Gaear and created 'sound cabbages' borrowed the script used for Verbobonc's cabbage population, added the sound files and entries in sound scheme.mes and added the .mobs to the map folder.

Does each cabbage need to have it's own unique "name" number to make them all independantly operational?

Currently only one of the cabbages seems to be making noises while the others are eerily silent.

Any insight or advice to get this working would be awesome.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'll have to see if I can remember anything about those, haha ...

7. Allyx

Heh, got it working, it would seem I hadn't set up the heartbeat scripts to read the script file.

When I tested though with this script:
    Code:
    def san_heartbeat( attachee, triggerer ):
       if (attachee.name == 8823):       ##fish line
          if (not game.combat_is_active() and game.global_flags[21]==0):
             for obj in game.obj_list_vicinity(attachee.location,OLC_PC):
                if (in_proximity(attachee, obj)):
                   game.global_flags[21]=1
                   game.sound(4157, 1)
                game.global_flags[21]=0
                return RUN_DEFAULT

The sounds seemed to start playing repeatedly for every party member, which overlaps and makes a wall of noise, how would I alter the script to limit it to just 1 instance? Adding a time event between to prevent the sound playing repeatedly?

EDIT: Adding global flags for each noise emitting cabbage and timeevents to reset that cabbage's flag worked.

I also wanted to add something near the posts in the water to create the water ripples, tried Black Pearls but it didn't have the desired effect. Perhaps tiny (Giant Gars)?

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Ok, found the cause - Temple+ is overriding the Wolf's proto (14050), so it doesn't have the san_dying script, and thus doesn't set ggf2]. Will fix for next version.

9. Allyx

Ah, I figured it was something like that, but haven't delved deep enough into Temple plus' workings to attempt a fix. Thanks for looking into it for me @Sitra Achara.

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Be careful with ripples so as to avoid a debacle like with Welkwood Bog ... they're actually particle effects like chimney smoke etc. but they don't behave quite the same way, possibly due to elevation concerns. Makes them seem to not work but then show up at odd times and so on. And if you have actual critters making the ripples that are never intended to be seen in-game, one way or another someone will activate them anyway with an AoE or something. If your water actually has depth though, you could try just adding ripple particle effects in WorldEd via the lighting system. Might work.

11. Allyx

Awesome, I'll try that. I added water even though the area isn't accessable to players to walk on.

Cheers @Gaear

12. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Alright, here's the fix. Can I ask you to put the following file inside data\rules\protos\?

Note that Temple+ implements a protos override method that can use additive .tab files. It scans the above folder for .tab files and registers all the proto entries within, giving them a higher priority than anything else. This won't affect normal ToEE since it doesn't look in the protos subfolder.

Along the way I also saw the console complaining about the py00460Doors script so I fixed that too (in Temple+). There was an issue assigning PyLong to game.global_vars, it was probably not a problem in normal ToEE but you might want to look into it.

Attached Files:

13. FDR4PREZ

From looking at my original IWD game saved games, I am also using a 5 person party.

At the end of the Pass, they are all third level except my mage (2nd level) and some are near 4th level.

One thing to remember is that the level progression in IWD (D&D 2nd ed) have different XP requirements for the different classes, so this makes it a little difficult to compare them to 3rd ed.

This site http://www.sisterworlds.com/olde/2e/xp.htm has a listing of the various classes and their XP requirements and the chart's last column shows the average per level. It shows that in 2nd Ed D&D that third level averages 3250 XP and fourth level average is 7583 XP.

My original IWD people have about 4300 XP. You can see that is about lower-middle of the 3rd level average progression.

My IWD:ToEE people have about 7300 XP, and 4th level starts at 6000, so you can see how much over into 4th level they are.

All that being said, it must be noted that the IWD:ToEE version is in some regards is a bit more difficult than in the original game. The ogre is a bit tougher and the battle AI is different, too. If I recall in this portion of original IWD game it is possible to rest in most areas without incident. While in IWD:ToEE it is not so easy to rest; especially in the Pass.

If you lower the CR by 1 each, I'd be interested in testing this for you to see how the XP tally will add up.

14. Allyx

Wish granted.

I've made 2 copies, one lowers quest CR by 1 for every quest, the second lowers CR by 2 for every quest. Could you test both @FDR4PREZ and report your findings?

Extract these to the ToEE root folder.

Attached Files:

15. FDR4PREZ

Sweet, thanks.

I have a saved game from the initial shop before we enter Easthaven, so I can reuse the same party.

I'll do this on Sunday & Monday and let you know what I finish at.

Our Host!