So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I also posted this at temple+ support at rpg codex.

I just updated my temple+ from 1.0.24 to 1.0.40, and now it crashes immediately upon attempting to start the game. I get the message that the program "requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Tried it several times, always the same result. I am using windows 8.1. Can anyone suggest what I might try to fix it? Thanks

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If that was the same version I updated to a few days ago, try using the temple+ config tool to make sure the directory path to your installation folder is correct, then try again.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

You also get that error if Anti-Aliasing is on

4. florian1

Aha. My problem was that I was still using the 1.0.24 shortcut to start the game. I replaced it with with a V.40 shortcut, and it has opened just fine.

5. florian1

Using version 1.0.40. When I use speedup(), with the TOEE speedup config file set at 5, it makes no discernible difference in out of combat movement speed. Is there something I am missing?

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The speedup() command is now obsolete, as running speeds have been made uniform. You can speed up your characters using the new Speedup menu in the console (under cheats).

7. florian1

Thanks. I never noticed the menu items before! Works great.

8. Allyx

Did @WinstonShnozwick never get the Soulknife working? He seemed to be so close to success...

9. Sitra Achara

Nope, haven't heard from him for a few months now. He's probably busy with his studies. His work is still available in the github repository if anyone wishes to continue where he left off:

https://github.com/Psionics-ToEE/PsionicFiles

10. Sitra Achara

In other news, as of the next version Temple+ will support modular portrait packs:

portraitPacks.jpg

This is done by reading the contents of subfolders placed inside art\interface\portraits\ and appending them to an internal list of portrait files.

To that end, do you mind if I create Temple+ versions of the Co8 portrait packs?
    These will be .dat files that users can just place inside their ToEE folder instead of the TFE-X method or manually messing with the files.

11. florian1

Playing temple+ v42. When my Paladin confronts the traders as part of the early Hommlet quests, he ends up with a tag for having a rage spell cast on him. It does not go away, and he is not in rage mode (no change to strength, etc). This happened if he confronts the Traders after unmasking the spy on the construction site, and also happens if he confronts them after taking to the courier. I just left it as is, but then discovered that the Paladin cannot level up as a Paladin anymore. He has no other class levels, and is not fallen.

12. Sitra Achara

Can you post the save game?

Edit: git your save, I'm out of town for a few days so I'll get back to you later.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  13. florian1

Update. The "Rage Flag" seems to pop up instead of the usual "Fallen Paladin Status" symbol. The Paladin in question loses all Paladin abilities when the flag pops up. I guess he shouldn't have been so greedy.

14. Allyx

Can you attone as normal with this rage flag?

15. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Did you blackmail them into giving you gold or a magic item? I could see that causing a paladin to fall...

Our Host!