Help with potions not stacking and read scroll not working on potions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by randyroo2, Apr 15, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. randyroo2

randyroo2 Member

First of all I'm going to start by saying what I have installed on my PC
    I followed these instructions to the letter installed both the Co8 standard and new content edition then activated the new content edition. versions are 8.1.0
    http://www.co8.org/community/index....eight-modpack-installation-instructions.6695/
    Secondly I am going to make this perfectly clear I have played this game before more than once and never had this issue. I have identified the potions and even the potions of cure light wounds which I have about 25 of, will not stack after being identified.

So then I searched through the forums and it looks to me like this hasn't been an issue for a long time 12 years. :eek:
    http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/potion-stacking.1640/

I've tried looking throught he data folders to see if I could find anything relating to this as I have a bit of modding experience myself and imagine its quite easy if you know where to look.
    does anybody have a fix as it is REALLY irritating.?
    secondly about the read scrolls ability not working on potions, apparently that was implemented by Co8 but it doesn't seem to be working for me either. any ideas about this?
    Regards
    Andy

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hi Andy, does the game start normally for the modpack, meaning you start in a shopmap and then see some cutscenes before going to your vignette and then Hommlet?

3. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

Did you install patch2? or mistakenly patch3? The things you are talking about are not normal issues. My advice is to reinstall and try it again, just to see if magically everything works.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sounds like you must be using the original shortcut to launch the game rather than the Co8 launcher TFE-X.

Our Host!