Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

When you need an English major to decipher the quadruple negatives... you know something fishy is going on.

2. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

forgive me if this has been reported
    Erliter exists in my game both in front of the Inn (begging) and also in the Miller's place (happy).
    Also my rogue wasn't able to convince the miller to let him convert so I lied to Erliter obviously.

3. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

DragonAlumni, if you lied to Erliter, then he probably became a beggar. I usually use my paladin to complete the quests (except the ones he will fall in like the traders revealed quest. He falls if you ask for more money.

And yes, you can make many beggars: Cavanaugh, Othello, and I guess Erliter.

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Yeah, but I think his issue is that Erliter appears in both places at the same time, begging at the inn, and working at the mill. He shouldn't be doing both.

5. messedup

I just ran into something that I don't remember in the walk-though.

I killed off one of Barkinar and Deggum's bugbears who came through the secret door while I was getting my fighters on the front line to take out Shenshock. I killed off Shenshock, did all the getting of items off of him and out of his chest. I then went to take out Deggum and Barkinar. Deggum (I think) cast an Otilukes resilient sphere. Then two bugbears showed up (I won't say where).

Is this supposed to happen? Also, I am using TOEE from the GOG.

6. messedup

Just have a question about shovels...Why are they not the same as rakes? They do the same damage, they are two handed, and they have something on the end of them. To me, they should have the dame proficiency but they don't. Rakes are quarter staffs and shovels are light picks. It would seem to me that shovels and picks are different.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I guess you just don't dig it, right? ;)

Pygmy likes this.
  8. messedup

Actually, they seem to be different designs if I understand them correctly. That is why I think they should be different proficiencies.

9. Allyx

Based purely on the type of motion used to wield those tools as weapons, I would say the "shovel = pick proficiency" isn't quite right, greatclub might have been a better choice for it, even though the shovel is considerably shorter, the wielding style and wieght distribution are about right.

I would have assigned the scythe or perhaps even the trident proficiency to the rake rather than quarterstaff however, owing to the relative weight distribution caused by adding a sizable lump of metal to one end of it, and the different type of motion required to use that added wieght effectively in combat.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. messedup

I also think that everyone should be able to wield the rake and the shovel (and anything like that) because it is a common tool and you would just swing it. Then again, that is just me.

11. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Yeah, like all the villagers grabbing pitchforks and torches to go confront Frankenstein and his monster.

But I guess there is a difference between using anything like as a club or a poker, and using it with deadly efficiency in the heat of a battle

12. Allyx

I believe that is the point, while wielding an improvised weapon (such as some random garden tool you just found) you suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls unless you train (use a feat) to use it as a proper weapon.

Hence the reason angry mobs wielding random farming tools look more threatening than they actually are (unless of course they resort to arson - in which case it's the fire that gets the kill than the angry mob with pitchforks).

13. messedup

Then the rake would also need a special feat to wield. It is just a quarterstaff proficiency. Do you see my problem here?

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Many of the weapons we've come to call exotic are actually farming tools. If you're interested you could research the banning of swords in feudal Japan which had much to do with the people learning to use farming emplaments as weapons. The ruling class would think nothing of a farmer cutting crops with a sythe until his head is separated from his body by that "farming tool".

Once again a governing body believed the weapons were the danger and not the people wielding them. ;)

15. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Our Host!