cannot locate bug-fixes & files

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by acr1978, Mar 23, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. acr1978

acr1978 Member

acr1978 I need the files for the Gremag & read magic bugs, & any other files I might need. I'd really appreciate it if someone can help, Thanks

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well for starters Gremag is part of the regular ToEE game, not the Keep on the Borderlands mod, so you probably should be posting in the Temple forum, not the Keep forum. But beyond that... which Gremag and Read Magic bug fixes are you referring to? What version of Temple are you playing?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  3. acr1978

acr1978 Member

sorry, I have no idea how to communicate properly on this site, but I am referring to the Ranos & Gremag dialog bugs, you don't know about it? anyway, the read magic spell does not work, and there were fixes for these problems a year ago, and they were easy to locate, I remember the files were highlighted in red, now I cannot seem to find them, I am assuming they must not be needed anymore, perhaps all fixes are included in a download up-date or something, anyway if you never heard of these two particular bugs, then you obviously will not be able to help me. please excuse me again if I have posted in the wrong place, this site has changed and I cannot find anything anymore.

it's the new stuff I am not familiar with, not the original game, I been playing the game since it came out, it's the mod pack changes I am talking about.

the read magic spell is a well known bug and so is the traders dialog situation, I do not believe that you don't know what I am talking about, I simply want to know how/where to get the files I need so I can replace them, I can't find them, the site looks updated and different from the last time I was able to download and replace the files I need to correct the traders dialog & the read magic spell

yeah see you profile says you been a member since 2006, so you are definitely messing with me

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
  4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Relax, it's all good here. We'll get you sorted out. :)

Yes, the site changed, and yes I have been a member since 2006 - but pretty inactive since 2009 or so...

If you are playing the Co8 mod, I don't think the mod has really been updated since 2012 when version 8.1 was released. There isn't a patch file listed for it, so I'm guessing your best bet for fixes since 8.1 was released would be this section:

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?forums/mod-submissions.71/

Hopefully you can find what you're looking for.

I played through 8.1 a couple of months ago with no patches or extra fixes, and don't recall any issues with Gremag or Read Magic on my playthrough, though as you say there have definitely been issues with both in the past - can you be a little more specific with what you're having problems with?

sigofmugmort likes this.
  5. acr1978

acr1978 Member

No, my problem is obvious and well know, if you are not familiar with these problems then you wont be able to help, but thanks, no one else is responding so I appreciate you time, anyway please excuse me, after your explanation here, I am sure you have no idea how to help, sorry I thought otherwise. Hail!

6. acr1978

acr1978 Member

well I just discovered that the patch must have been up-dated because the trader's speach situation is fine now, my next question is, what happened to the two piles of magic weapons that was on the shop map?

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@acr1978 Any piles of magic weapons you may have seen on the shopmap were there in error, an error which has since been rectified.

The purpose of the shopmap is to purchase your starting equipment, not help yourself to piles of loot.

Please amend the attitude in your posts to a more amenable one in future, @erkper was attempting to assist you with your vaguely described, half remembered problem, and when asking for further clarification, you shot him down by accusing him of not knowing what he was talking about.

Rannos and Gremag have had a huge number of different bug issues over the years, and I think they are still in some small way a bit buggy at times, and Read Magic has most likely been edited at least a couple of times itself so erkper asking you to clarify the exact bug you were experiencing was not a silly question at all.

erkper likes this.
Our Host!