The Dynamic Duo

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BrotherSmythe, Jan 19, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

A Druid and a Ranger? Give the Druid 2 levels of fighter and the Ranger can eventually use divine scrolls and wands.

2. BrotherSmythe

Dwarven Cleric x/fighter 4 and an Elven Druid with or without 2 fighter levels. Kinda like a Gimly/ Legolas partnership. Could throw in a fighter /ranger if you wanted to. BTW I know that it is not an exact replication of that famous trio of books.

3. BrotherSmythe

I'm going thru with a Cleric and a Paladin. Cleric of Pelor ,sun and strength. Pally has 4 levels of fighter to get weapon specialization in bastard sword (Scather) as well as some other tasty feats.
    Hoping to get the +1 Holy mace from Calmert if he ever deems to have it available for sale. He's rather busy collecting for the church to make it available for me. Hope that he eventually gets around to it.
    It is nice to have healing and buffing spells. An enlarged fighter/paladin with many buffs ,a proper weapon, and an eventual ability to use scrolls (?) is also nice. I do miss arcane spells sometimes. Particularly Web,Fireball and various Rays or missiles. An inevitable tradeoff unless you are sporting a cleric /wizard combo.

4. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Cleric/Sorc/Theurge is VERY wicked combo:eek:

5. BrotherSmythe

Yes but wouldn't you want wizard instead of sorcerer for scribe and copy scrolls?

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

good plan, but since Charisma is useful to Clerics as well as Sorcerers it's easier to get good stats in those 2 ability scores (Cha and Wis) than it is to get good stats in 3 ability scores (Wis, Int and Cha).

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  7. BrotherSmythe

I suspected that there was a reason. I forgot about matching ability scores. Also if you blow a feat on scribe scrolls you can produce scrolls for both divine and arcane spells?

8. BrotherSmythe

Embarrassing. It occurred to me that I could have multiclassed my Paladin with Sorcerer instead of fighter and got my arcane spell action. Oh well. Stupid is as stupid feels like doing. I had a concept anyway.

9. sigofmugmort

Try a Barb/Sorc ;) (equip with Glaive)

10. BrotherSmythe

It took a minute but I can see that. Hit points, combat ability,barbarian special feats,skill points and spells. He can get by without armor (or get the blue elven chain asap). Very little crafting but you can't have everything.

11. sigofmugmort

Barbarian enhanced movement plus Expeditious Retreat and you have a spellcaster that can move further then most creatures can charge while still spell casting add Arcane Knight and you have a nice skirmisher.

12. BrotherSmythe

Take Tensers Transformation?

13. sigofmugmort

Absolutly;)

14. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I like the idea of having a very small but complete group thus combining challenge and full opportunity of fantasy gameplay. So I started a group consisting of a wizard and a druid. Wizard is back line damage dealer, druid is combination of spell damage dealer and melee fighter. Main tank of the group is the animal companion of druid. This works excellent since the wizard has first lvl spell Mage Armour that gives +4 ac to the animal companion. The druid can cast barkskin very soon that gives another +2 ac up to +5 ac if you are lvl 12. Wizard lvl3 spell Heroism gives your pet +2 to attack and saving throws. So while the wolf/bear attacks your Druid can destroy the gathered opponents every round with "Call Lghtning" support animal companion with heal spells or join in melee combat. Really nice gaming experience so far only small draw back is that is works so good I have to withdraw experince points from my group by way of kill/reincarnate or otherwise game woul become too easy by level 7 ot 8.

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Lets not forget Magic Fang for the animal companion.

Our Host!