Unable to download circle of eight modpack

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Gamemage77, Oct 17, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gamemage77

Gamemage77 Member

when I attempt to download modpack it says download complete then sends me to store to get an app. It keeps wanting me to download in Adobe or Word. I have been able to save it in downloads, but unable to get it to load to ToEE. I am using windows 8.1. I have tried with firewall and virus protection turned off.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Try renaming the download. Some systems get confused by the dots in our numbering scheme (8.1.0 etc.) and think the dots represent extensions that they don't know how to open.

4. Gamemage77

Gamemage77 Member

Able to download modpack to desktop and to Temple of Elemental Evil from the site you mentioned, but it doesn't open up/extract.

5. Allyx

You need to install the modpack to your ToEE installation folder (where ToEE.exe is) and run TFE-X.exe, then you need to activate the Co8 modpack module (which takes a while) then launch the game. Note that you should use TFE-X.exe to launch your game instead of ToEE.exe from this point onwards.

OPTIONAL:
    If you also intend to use Temple+, download it at this point, install it, use the Temple+ config tool to setup your preferred options, launch the game, wait for any auto-updates to install, then restart your game using the Temple+ launcher (not the config tool), you will need to use this file to launch your game from this point onwards.

If you then intend to switch to a different module, you will need to run TFE-X.exe to activate a different module before using your Temple+ launcher to launch the game.

6. Gamemage77

Gamemage77 Member

Thanks for trying to help me. I don't see a ToEE.exc, but I do see a grey square symbol that is also a shortcut symbol. I am sure that this is the ToEE. exc since it starts the game. I tried moving the download to the folder where this is. I can not get it to open and cannot find a TFE-X or anything in it.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you say it doesn't open, what exactly is it saying, is it offering to search for a program that will open it?

8. Gamemage77

Gamemage77 Member

When I download it with open it offers to search for a program. When I download it with save it never extracts.

9. Allyx

@Gamemage77 I don't know what you've downloaded.

You should install ToEE to a non-"Program Files" folder - EG C:\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil
    Install the Official Atari patches 1 and 2 - link to the downloads section of the forum

Use this link below to download the Co8 - 8.1.0 New Content modpack (Reccomended):
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of...rcle-of-eight-modpack-810-new-content-edition

Or this link to download the Standard Edition modpack:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of.../circle-of-eight-modpack-810-standard-edition

Once the installer has downloaded, and after you have installed the Official Atari patches 1 and 2, run the installer and install into the same folder you installed the game to (C:\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil).

Then use TFE-X.exe to run the launcher. Select the module you wish to play, and select Activate. Make yourself a cup of coffee, this is going to take a while. Once complete you can launch the game through the launcher to play or...

Optional: If you have DirextX 11 installed you can install Temple+, run the Temple+ Config tool, enter your ToEE install folder into the space provided, set any house rules/screen resolution settings you wish and launch the game, wait for the Auto-update to patch you to the current version and exit the game. Now you can launch ToEE this time with the Temple+ Launcher.

Phew, good luck.

Our Host!