Temple+ New Feats

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by WinstonShnozwick, Sep 18, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I see you haven't made any d20 actions definition files yet, you should review the ones already in Temple+ to see how it's handled and make similar files for your new actions. They're in tpgamefiles.dat →rules\d20_actions\.

Currently I've only implemented D20ACT_NULL (no action cost) but I'll expand it to include Move/Standard/Full round actions.

2. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

What is the purpose of them? I see that you've made action definitions for things like Defensive stance and death attack. Was the modifier not enough that you needed this as well?

3. Sitra Achara

That's how ToEE is built, every action has a set of properties, flags and various callbacks associated with it. It's an entier layer of code dedicated to Action Sequences. I could perhaps cram everything into modifiers but I opted to mirror ToEE's structure.

4. WinstonShnozwick

What are the sort of things I do and don't need action definitions for? Give one to everything that has a radial menu option?

5. Sitra Achara

If you don't create an action definition file, you're relying on defaults.

I'll add some documentation on the wiki today for it.

6. WinstonShnozwick

I looked at the wiki for it earlier. Do you have a list for action definition flags and what they do like you gave for action costs?

7. Sitra Achara

Check out the link to Action Sequences at the start of e page.

8. WinstonShnozwick

Does the name for the radial menu in the action definition file always overwrite the string I put in the radial function call in a modifier? It would be better if it did IMO.

Also, I'm missing how to require a concentration skill check of DC 20 for the action definition of psi focus meditate. As well as what I need to do in the modifier to make a concentration check be counted as a natural 15 if you do expend focus.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  9. Sitra Achara

Really? I would have thought the opposite. Anyway you can just leave the first arg as -1 if you want it to behave that way.

In the actioncheck callback just roll a random number (game.random_range(1,20)) and add it up with the concentration skill level (from skill_level_get). There's also a command to log it in the rolls window (don't remember off the top of the head, check the wiki).

10. WinstonShnozwick

Will the same be true of evt_obj.append where I made the .txt's for new indicators that have their own rollover text?

This would go in the modifier, not the action definition, right?

11. Sitra Achara

1. Yes, just use an empty string in the append.
    2. Correct.

12. WinstonShnozwick

One more possible issue. From what I'm seeing, the action definition files handle the costs of checking for if actions require full round/move/etc actions to execute in combat. For mind blade and psionic focus, both have feats that the PC can get later in the game that change their costs from being move actions/full round actions to free actions/move actions. How do I reflect this in the action definition file to make it so if I have the feat (such as free draw), the action cost changes?

13. Sitra Achara

You could make a duplicate action that differs by the cost. But I guess a better solution is to give it a proper callback (I'd wanted to avoid that since it's called on rendering the radial menu, but I can add a ACT_CALLBACK flag for specific actions when needed). I'll add that later.

14. Sitra Achara

As of next version you'll be able to add new partsys.tab files for your mods without having to edit the existing ones.

To do so, put a file of the form *.tab in rules\partsys.

15. WinstonShnozwick

What about protos? Do you have an example of how this works and is formatted?

Our Host!