Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I should be able to fix the issue from a backup, not too worried about it for now Gaear, those sound cabbages you mentioned before though, I could use some help with them.

Gabriel did provide me with a few maps, but not configured to be plugged straight into the game, IE not split into chunks etc... I'll get the next areas maps knocked up asap for you Ted, hopefully I can have them all ready by the end of the weekend.

2. Allyx

Ok so, silly question... where does language.mes go exactly? I can't find it in the .dat files, the root folder, or an option to alter the language in the in game menu options.

On the up side my crashing issue has vanished again, I think it is related to Windows 10 updating recently and activating Windows Firewall instead of keeping my Norton 360 running without asking me or informing me of the action.

How exactly do map limits work? I'm trying to add the next area map but it's dimensions are wider than most standard ToEE maps by about 1/2 to 1/3rd but considerably smaller than Emridy Meadows and Nulb about 1/6th of the size and I can't seem to find a map that it will fit on comfortably without using a massively oversized map to overwrite it onto.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Ah, looks like language.mes isn't present in the English version (the code returns "en" if language.mes is not found). So just create one inside data\mes, the contents should be
    Code:
    {1}{fr}

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/maplimits-mes-revealed.2727/

Good luck. ;) I was actually able to rudimentarily understand it and apply a custom limit for Verbo since it didn't really 'fit' in Hommlet either, but of course I've since forgotten what I did. But if I can do it, you can.

5. Allyx

I tried adding that language.mes file Sitra, I don't know why, but it crashes my game at the loading screen.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Did you also add the new fonts?

7. Allyx

@Shiningted - Here is a zip containing the split maps for all of Kuldahar Pass and the Exterior map of Kuldahar itself, and a ground.mes file to indicate which map was overwritten for each new map. I've yet to edit the other map files to get them into the game properly... mostly because I need to refresh my memory on how to do it again.

@Sitra Achara I'm almost certain that I did, I will add both files again to check though.

EDIT: Just checked with both files plugged in and after one crash on load up after adding just the font file, it loaded successfully on the second attempt, I then added the language.mes file and loaded successfully again, and Hrothgar uses the correct รป now. :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. Allyx

Maplist.mes seems to be incomplete... I overwrote CO8_VERBOBONC_02_Asherah_Escate-day in ground.mes with an outdoor map for the north-western part of Kuldahar Pass, should I switch it for another location that is in Maplist.mes? Try to add a new entry for that map (not quite sure how it links with other files? (hardcoded perhaps?) Or does it not matter that much?

Maplimits.mes also seems to omit maps above #5199 unless I'm reading it wrong?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Allyx

ok, so a new problem plagues me, I've been trying to add a few new maps into the game - the Kuldahar pass maps (in place of Welkwood Bog on the worldmap), and Kuldahar's main external map (in place of Nulb on the world map). the game seems to load just fine, but attempts to save a game are causing save corruption, which obviously won't do. I'm going to recheck everything I did and hopefully figure out why I messed up.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There was a limit of 200 maps, yes. Thanks for that zip, I will get on it (I'll also do that business of moving the NPCs around I mentioned earlier). I've been very busy the last couple weeks with tax returns and such but now I'm raring to go :)

Btw, had my first sleep-related encounters in IWD:EE, but still no travel encounters like you used to get in BG - do they happen?

Ooo, one more thing - encountered my first BG-style traps in IWD:EE (big red boxes on floor). I've got an idea on how to implement those, and will :)

11. Allyx

Awesome, I've been wondering about the floor traps and how to make them work.

I have managed to recover my installation - basically by copying all the files I altered to my duplicated install, so it seems something other than the files I edited were causing the save corruption somehow *shrugs*.

I think I've also managed to at least 'mostly add' the Kuldahar Pass maps, just the superficial map names and map limit files to figure out.

I'm unsure about random encounters through world map travel, I've not had any yet either, but then I've not completed the Vale of Shadows yet, the Pass, Kuldahar and the Vale are all adjacent areas though the notification indicates travelling between them takes around 8 hours a time.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  12. Shiningted

Were there map numbers (and a worldmap location) you wanted for Kuldahar Pass?

13. Allyx

Yes, I was planning to put Kuldahar Pass in place of Welkwood Bog on the world map, and Kuldahar itself in place of Nulb on the world map, I've not got as far as thinking about the Vale of Shadows yet, Emridy meadows perhaps?

I was also planning to add the Easthaven world map icon and the place name text directly onto the world map image itself, so you can see it, but can't click on it as there is no actual button to click on.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

As many times as I have played IWD, I have never had an encounter while traveling on the world map. Many times I've been surprised while resting though. ;)

Granted, I've only played IWD 20, or maybe 30 times. ;)

15. Shiningted

Their cunning plan seems to be make you travel for days, then declare you fatigued when you arrive, so you have to rest and have an encounter.

Our Host!