Thanks

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BrotherSmythe, Sep 2, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

Thynx Allyx !

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Haven't heard of that yet. Also I guess KotB benefits less from Temple+ improvements since it's a lower level adventure, and stuff like the Fragarach hang and secret door bug are irrelevant ;)

3. BrotherSmythe

Catastrophic failure. The 8.1 patch didn't allow me to download. Tried to just download the complete co8 mod and KotB module under windows c. Didn't appear as an option in front end. Still version 8.0 and no KotB. I apparently created a separate file/folder for 8.1 and keep. Tried to move these files/folders to existing 8.0 temple file. Didn't work. Deleted everything (i think )and was going to just start fresh and reinstall entire game since I have original disk . Now install disk doesn't work. I have virtually no skill with windows 10. My game is completely wiped out and now i can't install for some reason even though i have the original installation disk.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Wow, that sucks... The modules not showing up in TFE-X would suggest you installed them somewhere other than in the ToEE root directory - otherwise they would have been detected.

Is your install disc damaged in some way? Cracked, scratched, or dirty? If not you may be able to download an .iso version of your disks (since you own it it's not considered piracy afaik - it's a 'backup version') ;) Search google for 'Temple of Elemental Evil .iso download' and see what pops up.

I'd suggest you remove all trace of your current installation (uninstall the program, delete the remaining files if any) then reinstall from clean disks (or downloaded .iso version of them) to C:\ToEE

Install the official and Co8 patches to the same folder in the correct order.

Also check that your firewall is on the list of known ToEE friendly firewalls - there is a thread by Gaear you can search for on these boards with this information.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. BrotherSmythe

Thanks again. I'll check the condition of my disk and firewall.

6. BrotherSmythe

All hail mighty Allyx! I deleted one remaining file that i missed and literally cleaned my TOEE disk. Successfully installed! Now i must download the Co8 new content (ver.8.1) to the same folder under C:\User. I hope that i didn't screw that up. I'm doing this after work, very tired. I think that I need to download Atari patches 1 and 2 first however. Will keep you awsome-o people posted. Again, thanks.

Allyx likes this.
  7. BrotherSmythe

Actually i created a new file under C:\ and named it ToEE and then saved/downloaded everything under that. Seems to have worked. Activated each thing as necessary after each download. Downloaded portrait packs. It seems that I had to reactivate each module (Co8,Keep) before activating the portrait packs. A lengthy but rewarding endeavor. Stupid real life got in the way but I hope to download Temple+ tonight.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes unfortunately you have to reactivate the portrait packs each you switch between modules.

It sounds like everything is working as it should now though, Adding Temple+ should be relatively straightforward from this point, hope you enjoy the modules.

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  9. BrotherSmythe

Temple+ is awsome-o. I even regained full screen viewing. Great job guys

Our Host!