Happy Sad

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nickolovski, Jul 6, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

OK thanks.
    Scrolls seem so much better than wands. Variety and cheaper and I don't need the feat. Limited to 3rd(?) level too. Oh well as Allyx said other party members can hold them. My fighter's added roll is now scroll carrier.
    I gave up on the extraplanar chest. It seemed to make the game bug out. But now with Temple+ it may work. I need it for all the scrolls and gear!
    I think I sold the extraplanar scroll many many saves ago. Not sure where to get one now.
    And another thing I noticed, Burne's trader now has nothing in her inventory, not that I need anything from her.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm running 8.0.1NC with Temple+ and it would seem that the wizard and the two witches in the broken tower behind the Temple are simply un-silencable.

I cast silence on the witch on the left including the wizard, but he was still throwing fireballs like there was no tomorrow and the witch was still raising the fallen to fight for her.

Btw, I am enjoying the extra shine Temple+ puts on this old game. ;)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It could be the manner in which their AI was written... I know @Livonia created that encounter and her mod was very script heavy, and many of those scripts were leaps and bounds beyond anything Troika wrote. Perhaps they are scripted to always perform those actions instead of having the games own AI system do the grunt work, thus making it unbreakable? I can't check right now though, I'm at work :(

4. Allyx

Wands can hold 1 spell of upto level 5 spells, and as Sitra Achara stated - hold 50 charges with Temple+ additionally, spells that have increased damage dice for higher level casters also can be crafted according to the crafter's level. Scrolls are crap in comparison.

5. sirchet

Yup, when crafting a wand of fireball you can choose 10d6 and make it a whomper! My rogue is usually carrying one by the time we get to the nodes. ;)

And yes, whomper IS the technical term. Heh heh

6. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Yeah I might have to take craft wand. Wand of cone of cold for my rogue and bard would be nice.
    Just with scrolls I can have both those characters have a few cone of cold scrolls and higher level spells in scroll form without the outlay of all that money and an extra feat.

7. sirchet

A rogue with a high tumble and a wand of cure serious wounds can be a game changer.

8. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

I think I was too powerful. Just blitzed through the temple. If I play again I might challenge myself with fewer characters or even one.
    So I've just killed the big Zugg. How does the game continue on? Is that it. Can I go to Verbobonc etc?

9. Allyx

If you are playing the NC (new content) version of the Co8 8.1.0 patch, you should appear in Verbobonc after defeating Zuggtmoy, and certain endslides have fired, if you were playing the standard version, that's all folks.

10. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Sadly the game ended. I assumed I was playing the NC. Bought recently from gog.com and downloaded patches and got temple+. My characters were beyond 10th level too.
    I must not have installed it properly.
    Oh well I'll try again.

11. Allyx

Download the NC version of the patch and install it, then use TFE-X to activate the module, then continue using Temple+ to run the game. You'll have ro start from the beginning again, but it's a good time to try a different party composition if you wish.

12. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Pretty sure he can change the NC flag, 500 iirc

13. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Trying to install the NC now. i can't open the TFE-X application.

14. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Feel like I should wipe everything and start again.....

15. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

I run as administrator and I get a User Account Control window that asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?"
    I press yes but then nothing. Waited for a while too.
    Running Windows 10.

Our Host!